Why are British born Pakistanis girls marrying men from Pakistan, Watch

Shouldawoulda
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i honestly can't believe this is still going on quite a lot. Why are British born Pakistanis girls marrying men from Pakistan, why can't they parents arrange a marriage with a Pakistani man from the UK? Now this really annoys me! There are ample suitable husbands/wives who were born & brought up here, why do they arrange marriages with people living in Pakistan & then bring the spouse over here? I see it as an abuse of our immigration system - something that the government needs to clamp down on; it's not like those involved can say you can't help who you fall in love with seeing as the marriages are arranged. Personally I think it's better for people to choose their own spouse, but I understand that that is not their way of doing things.

In Bradford over*60 percent*of the Pakistani*mothers in the study were*married*to a blood relative.*Majority are obviously going 'back home' to marry their cousins.

http://www.bionews.org.uk/page_319933.asp
Bishoy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol bare rishtas
Skip_Snip
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Shouldawoulda)
... why can't they parents arrange a marriage with a Pakistani man from the UK? ...
Why can't their parents keep their noses out and let their kids marry who they want?
simon_g
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
tbh I though that there are more inbreds amongst British-Pakistani minority.
ESPORTIVA
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Arranged marriages

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ravenous
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's a way of getting people to come to the UK.

Also, http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1943524 ?
am_blue
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i honestly can't believe this is still going on quite a lot. Why are British born Pakistanis girls marrying men from Pakistan, why can't they parents arrange a marriage with a Pakistani man from the UK? Now this really annoys me! There are ample suitable husbands/wives who were born & brought up here, why do they arrange marriages with people living in Pakistan & then bring the spouse over here? I see it as an abuse of our immigration system - something that the government needs to clamp down on; it's not like those involved can say you can't help who you fall in love with seeing as the marriages are arranged. Personally I think it's better for people to choose their own spouse, but I understand that that is not their way of doing things.

In Bradford over*60 percent*of the Pakistani*mothers in the study were*married*to a blood relative.*Majority are obviously going 'back home' to marry their cousins.

Kinda ****ed up that my long distance cousin (who is really pretty btw) married her cousin from Bangladesh. I remember when I was young, she used to be crazy over boy bands and celebs, she was just like any other girl. I would never have thought she would consider marrying her cousin, but her family aren't stable (mum's kind of ****ed up in the head, brother is disabled etc), so meh, not my life, not my concern
caravaggio2
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
"(mum's kind of ****ed up in the head, brother is disabled etc), so meh, not my life, not my concern"

Just a thought........did the mum marry her cousin by any chance?
simon_g
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Europeans1st)
All I know is my country looks more like Pakistan than Britain anymore.

Some call it diversity, I call it ethnic and racial cleansing. A tactic of genocide.

maybe if whites would have more children than growth of Pakistani community wouldn't look that bad. also, if they (i.e. whites) would actually vote on someone who want to sort the problem of immigration it would help a lot.

but hey, going for holidays abroad every year is more important, as well as always complaining "i don't vote, because my vote doesn't count"
PopaPork
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
good old fashioned racism and bigotry
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yup. We should stop spouses coming in.
asif86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In the last few years the british government has been changing immigration laws to make it harder to bring spouses from outside the european union.But still i see people from mirpuri community marrying their children off to their relatives back home.Some things dont change.Is there no suitable matches here in britain.
abc:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I imagine as arranged marriages in the UK become less common, so too will marrying spouses in other countries such as Pakistan. I know quite a lot of people whose parents were part of an arranged marriage, but they have no intention of doing the same for their children. Obviously it still happens but I think it will become less common.
Chakede
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

in islamic culture they are allowed to marry their cousins, i think in british Prodestant culture its allowable too , so youre one to moan
asif86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chakede;58976807[b)
]in islamic culture they are allowed to marry their cousins,[/b] i think in british Prodestant culture its allowable too , so youre one to moan
I agree in islam you can marry your first cousin.But there is no strict ruling that you cant marry anyone else.
Chakede
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by asif86)
I agree in islam you can marry your first cousin.But there is no strict ruling that you cant marry anyone else.
they cant marry non-muslims
Kabir sidhu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is nothing wrong with marrying Pakistani men. Problem is that most of the girls forget where their parents cane from. They did not come from very cultured, civilised and well to do back ground or in other words they cane from remote areas with no educations. So when it come to marrying their daughters off, instead of approaching the upper middle class families who are educated and professionals, they go back to their villages.In my opinion British girls are not properly educated in deen. Their parents know that. They don’t pay attention to this aspect when they are nurturing them. Offloading their responsibility to the schools. When it comes to marriage, they are hoping that by getting them marrying Pakistani, they will maintain the balance of deen and culture in the next generation.The poor guy who comes from Pakistan cannot understand the messed up Asian culture in uk with no deen or ethical values.He spend the rest of his life trying to bring in cultural and deen and that’s where the values clash.
Just my opinion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In answer to the cobweb covered OP,
Google Fetching Marriages.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.47%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.23%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.29%

Watched Threads