The_Healer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello, I have a few questions so if previous paramedics/current paramedics/student paramedics/just been offered a place.
I want to know if any of you are OLDER students for the paramedic practice/science course and also if anyone has taken an ACCESS COURSE and what grades you got through it and what university you are or were offered a place by. What are the assessment days like? (fitness requirement)
and any information about these universities Brighton, Teeside, Surrey, East anglia, Canterbury and Bouremouth.
Also how do you apply for student loans and how do you afford to live in halls while studying? and how much is the student loans? and how to get the bursaries every student is entitled to? Really need to know about the costs and how you manage to live for the 3 years I'm really worrying about that so I would really appreciate any information about anything at all related to my course or universities.
Thank you in advance!
Jack
The_Healer
Rep:
?
Bump
Charlotte995
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Jack,
I'm currently studying Paramedic Science at Anglia Ruskin (Cambridge).
Many on my course have taken access courses and have been accepted. There is also a range of ages from 18-35+ so there is no need to worry about that.
The fitness test is hard but manageable. I would practice your grip strength as when you are holding heavy weights for a long time, your grip goes quite quickly. (I'm very petite and still passed the test )
As for student loans etc... Student finance England if you haven't already completed a degree
Bursaries for Anglia Ruskin are available, just search for them on the website
Hope this has helped Charlotte
The_Healer
Rep:
?
Thanks Charlotte I really appreciate your help. And ah yes about the student loan/finance, I was wondering when do you apply for it? If you need to apply for it and how do you support yourself living in halls? As the money you get from the bursaries isn't enough to support you and to keep yourself alive, so how is that doable?
Jack
Charlotte995
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think the deadline is may, and luckily for me I get the full amount from sfe.
I am living in shared housing as it's cheaper than the halls I was offered. That might be worth looking into if money is tight
Happy_Holidays
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You apply for student loans and grants through the website usually by May. Depending on your age the amount you get will be calculated by either your own, or your parents, household income. Bursaries are only available at certain unis as paramedic courses don't attract NHS bursaries (apart from Wales). As to how you live. Often frugally, and it's easier if you have some cash reserves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DarJones
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Charlotte995)
Hi Jack,
Bursaries for Anglia Ruskin are available, just search for them on the website
Hope this has helped Charlotte
Hi Charlotte, Ive been offered a place in Cambridge, but I had thought the bursary wasn't available for paramedic courses? I thought it was only open to other medical courses like nursing? It could be becuase I'm applying as a non UK resident though I'm not sure. Any info would be good, thanks
Charlotte995
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DarJones)
Hi Charlotte, Ive been offered a place in Cambridge, but I had thought the bursary wasn't available for paramedic courses? I thought it was only open to other medical courses like nursing? It could be becuase I'm applying as a non UK resident though I'm not sure. Any info would be good, thanks
Hi,
Congrats on getting a place.
Have you joined the fb page Anglia Ruskin paramedic science 2015 Cambridge

The university offer separate bursaries.
Unfortunately we don't get the nhs bursary. Have a look on the Aru website.
Hope this helps.
Charlotte
DarJones
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Charlotte995)
Hi,
Congrats on getting a place.
Have you joined the fb page Anglia Ruskin paramedic science 2015 Cambridge

The university offer separate bursaries.
Unfortunately we don't get the nhs bursary. Have a look on the Aru website.
Hope this helps.
Charlotte
That's great, thanks. I'll have a look into that now
Creative246
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi I was just wondering how lenient are ARU with grades on results day?
Creative246
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi I have also been offered a place to start the Paramedic Science course in Sept. Just wondering are students allowed to bring their cars with them?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.3%
No (214)
76.7%

Watched Threads