NickEgg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm thinking of applying to LSE for Management. I'd be a mature student (23) when I started but I intend to stay in halls and go out partying and everything :yep:

Would I fit in as a mature student? Does LSE have a good SU/societies/clubs etc.? Do they hold Balls like other uni societies do? What's it like in halls? Are there a lot of international students due to it being a London uni and are they less likely to want to go out? Would you say it's a "party uni"?

Thanks
Pimped Butterfly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, good SU, very active with campaigns, housed in a new building that's the home of a pretty popular (and good) Friday club night. There's more than 170 societies (a group of undoubtedly more political nature than, say, UCL's 190 societies).

Yes, loads and loads of balls, and very glamorous ones at that (bear in mind that a lot of the middle class, upper class, minor and major millionaires send their children to LSE).

Halls are catered, so you tend to meet a lot of people over dinner, so a decent community spirit.

Yes, large amount of internationals, I've been on nights out with some before and had a good time.

No, I wouldn't say it's a party uni. I also wouldn't say it needs to be a party uni for you to have party fun - you're in London and the possibilities are endless. I know people in their third year who are still going out 2/3 times a week, so that bodes well for you.
Chr0n
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NickEgg)
I'd be a mature student (23) when I started
I don't think this will be a problem at all. Even if you don't get on with your fellow undergrads (which you most likely will), there should be plenty of post-grads in your age group.
blueconstellation
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not all halls are catered, and some are less sociable than others. I'd recommend choosing Rosebery - it's both an undergrad and postgrad hall, so you're likely to fit in somewhere, and it's very sociable.

Yeah, LSE is the most international university in the world, with around 50% of the student body being international, I believe, and I find this makes for a very diverse and dynamic atmosphere.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed