boristeve
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I find it incredibly difficult to score high in the CAs both AS and A2 and my class at school also share my pain, with us all receiving a blanket mark down last year during moderation from A/B/C to all Es and Us.

Thing is I need an A* in physics, so assuming I score high in this years A2 exams (after already achieving virtually 100% in both AS exams), what is the minimum mark I need to avg in both AS and A2 CA's in order to achieve this A*?

Thank you for your time
Wunderbarr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would just say to aim for 100%. By saying you need an A* in physics, I am assuming you are looking to apply to the best universities in the country (maybe even the world), so I'd would highly recommend to aim for perfect or near perfect UMS as I hear the top universities look for these kind of things.
boristeve
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wunderbarr)
I would just say to aim for 100%. By saying you need an A* in physics, I am assuming you are looking to apply to the best universities in the country (maybe even the world), so I'd would highly recommend to aim for perfect or near perfect UMS as I hear the top universities look for these kind of things.
Thanks for your quick response, do you mean 100% in the CAs? Because they're just so finnicky I find it hard to score high in them at all! I think I'm on my 4th or 5th retry of the AS
Ones including all of last years trys :/
Wunderbarr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
100% in everything, I am talking about.

Make sure you know what you are saying and include relevant graphs and diagrams, units and methodology and etc. I am doing OCR Advancing Physics B but I think the courses are quite similar.

Also, do you mind if i ask; when you say you are on the 4th or 5th retry of the AS, are you saying you have sat the AS those amount of times?
boristeve
Rep:
?
100% in everything, I am talking about.

Make sure you know what you are saying and include relevant graphs and diagrams, units and methodology and etc. I am doing OCR Advancing Physics B but I think the courses are quite similar.

Also, do you mind if i ask; when you say you are on the 4th or 5th retry of the AS, are you saying you have sat the AS those amount of times?
No I mean the CAs you can try 3 times a year so I think I did them twice last year and since we are doing them again we are on our second try this year. The exams I have only done once
Wunderbarr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Make the most of the dodgy-ness going on with how many times you get to improve the CAs.

I also have to say that some universities might reject you or flag up your application because you're resitting the year.
boristeve
Rep:
?
Make the most of the dodgy-ness going on with how many times you get to improve the CAs.

I also have to say that some universities might reject you or flag up your application because you're resitting the year.
Not resitting the year man only the CAs! Doing my A2 exams this year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (11)
22%
No (39)
78%

Watched Threads