DeeRqb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm in my 3rd year of uni with 2 more years to go. I haven't been involved in any uni activities or out of uni and I'm worried I'll have nothing to put in my cv. Could someone help with out.
What can I get involved with in 4th year. Is that too old to join clubs and societies (I'm 21). All my friends are leavingn next year as well so what kind of clubs could I join by myself and will people think I'm wierd if turn up by myself.
How else can I make friends since all my course and shcol friends are leaving.
Hope someone can help aha
Lucia92
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DeeRqb)
I'm in my 3rd year of uni with 2 more years to go. I haven't been involved in any uni activities or out of uni and I'm worried I'll have nothing to put in my cv. Could someone help with out.
What can I get involved with in 4th year. Is that too old to join clubs and societies (I'm 21). All my friends are leavingn next year as well so what kind of clubs could I join by myself and will people think I'm wierd if turn up by myself.
How else can I make friends since all my course and shcol friends are leaving.
Hope someone can help aha
You are definitely not too old! I am a 22-year-old first year student at Strathclyde and fit just right in . Actually, through societies I've met many people in their twenties.
Is there anything in particular that you like? Like a sport or activity?
Don't even think you would be weird if you turned up by yourself, as far as I can tell lots of people do, myself included , just try to be friendly and sociable and you'll make new friends no problem.
Might see you around!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Strathclyde
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Tue, 5 Nov '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads