First date tips needed! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anon in case he's in here

I'm 22 and going on my first ever first date tomorrow with a guy i met on tinder. We've been talking for a good few weeks, but suddenly now I'm very nervous! i don't really know what to expect other than that we're going to a pretty casual bar in town.

What do I wear? How do I act? Any dos/donts?!Even though we've been talking a lot obviously its text based so I can make myself come across better, now I'm really nervous and just feel like I'm probably not a very good conversationist face to face :s
CherryWine
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Anon in case he's in here

I'm 22 and going on my first ever first date tomorrow with a guy i met on tinder. We've been talking for a good few weeks, but suddenly now I'm very nervous! i don't really know what to expect other than that we're going to a pretty casual bar in town.

What do I wear? How do I act? Any dos/donts?!Even though we've been talking a lot obviously its text based so I can make myself come across better, now I'm really nervous and just feel like I'm probably not a very good conversationist face to face :s
It's natural to be nervous

Don't get too dressed up for a bar, jeans/heels/nice top/nice jewellery? Act interested in him, which you obviously are so that will come naturally. Don't talk about marriage or babies lol. He's probably nervous too! Just ask questions about his life, get to know him better
jenkinsear
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't get hammered. Don't say anything insulting (might sound weird, but it's surprising how many people fail on that one...). If you have any controversial views, keep them to yourself for a while. Don't go on about it being your first ever date or anything. Don't be late- that pisses a lot of people off and is a negative start.

Have a think beforehand about questions you can ask if the conversation dries up a bit. The classics are about his family, what they do for a living, whether they live close etc or about what he does for a living or where he lives/went to uni. His answers such hopefully trigger a natural flow of conversation.

All the very best.
notevensoph
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Tinder lool
DanB1991
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Tinder? Some1 wants the D

In all seriousness though, dress up slightly, but nothing OTT, tbh would of suggested a decent pub over a bar.
akj.latif
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As someone who has been on a date or two off Tinder, there is a trend of guys who assume you're down for giving them their money's worth if you know what I mean. Make it clear if you're not interested in anything past a get to know each other type date, otherwise the awkward turning away at the point of a kiss will be a damper on the evening.
phunky_fresh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you spoken on the phone? You need to be yourself really. Wear whatever you feel comfortable in. Make sure you meet in a public place and try to relax, don't let nerves get the better of you (easier said than done).
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
^ We've texted a lot. I don't feel comfortable even talking to my parents on the phone!

As for the whole Tinder thing I know it's slightly dubious, but I have made it pretty clear I'm not gunna hook up with him tonight. It's just very daunting for me going on a date with someone I've shared hundreds of messages with yet now I suddenly feel like I'll have nothing to talk about and he won't find me attractive
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27%
Not great so far... (283)
35.87%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.26%

Watched Threads