Why do employers say they will call you when they dont? Watch

vanessap
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I recently had a phone interview for a retail store and I was told that If I was successful they would contact me afterwards to make arrangements for one in person. What I don't understand is why he didnt do that then and there,I mean he asked when I would be free and all but doesnt this mean I didnt get through to the second stage?
Has anyone ever had a phone interview with Harvey Nichols? how did it go?
username457532
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was told during an interview I would be having a trial shift. Later on that day I got an email rejecting me. Employers generally think they can **** on applicants.
SausageMan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vanessap)
I recently had a phone interview for a retail store and I was told that If I was successful they would contact me afterwards to make arrangements for one in person. What I don't understand is why he didnt do that then and there,I mean he asked when I would be free and all but doesnt this mean I didnt get through to the second stage?
You should phone them and ask. As it would show that your genuinely interested in working for them and would show that your a confident individual, a trait which most employers look for.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SausageMan)
You should phone them and ask. As it would show that your genuinely interested in working for them and would show that your a confident individual, a trait which most employers look for.
I agree.
It also may be that they have had other people to interview as well, and then have to decide which people they want to take on. This takes time.
Swindon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Did you hear back from Harvey Nichols?

I have a interview with them next week x
thisistheend
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vanessap)
why did your date not ring you after when he said he would?

you're rejected.

until you're hired, you're a nobody, they owe you nothing.

my advice? don't ring, don't call, move on.
James E Walker
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maybe you were rejected?
vanessap
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Swindon)
Did you hear back from Harvey Nichols?

I have a interview with them next week x
Yes I had a phone interview but i didnt get the job
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed