edge44
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am a final year undergraduate student studying engineering at the university of Sheffield. I am a bit worried about my final year project as I have got results next to nothing. I keep on trying but fail. I have a very bad feeling that I wouldn't clear my project.
What happen if I don't clear my project? Will I not get a degree? Even if I get a degree will it be with honours or not?

It just keeps on worrying me as I have spent a lot on my education and would feel really bad if I fail it.
Nymthae
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by edge44)
I am a final year undergraduate student studying engineering at the university of Sheffield. I am a bit worried about my final year project as I have got results next to nothing. I keep on trying but fail. I have a very bad feeling that I wouldn't clear my project.
What happen if I don't clear my project? Will I not get a degree? Even if I get a degree will it be with honours or not?

It just keeps on worrying me as I have spent a lot on my education and would feel really bad if I fail it.
Depends on your course how it works out, but usually your project will be a module in itself, and you will need to pass all modules to be awarded your degree. Check the departmental guidelines for your course.

Don't worry if the results aren't what you wanted, don't really give you much to go on, and the project hasn't really worked. As long as you have some form of data then you can talk about something. Credit it not given for the absolute results, but how you discuss them and what you take from it. If that's a critical analysis which fundamentally says the data isn't very useful or doesn't prove/show anything then that's what it is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (36)
25.71%
No (104)
74.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed