sacca
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
it is NOT possible for a women to be sexist to a man.

Firstly the dictionary is wrong GET OVER IT. Sexism is where discrimination based on gender becomes instritutionally ingrained, rendering it being viewed as culturally normal. I.e rape culture (1/5 women are raped).

Hence sexism requires institutional power + discrimination, therefore you cannot be sexist to a man.
rickfloss
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sacca)

Firstly the dictionary is wrong GET OVER IT. Sexism is where discrimination based on gender becomes instritutionally ingrained, rendering it being viewed as culturally normal. I.e rape culture (1/5 women are raped).

Hence sexism requires institutional power + discrimination, therefore you cannot be sexist to a man.
so youve just described child custody?
sacca
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by rickfloss)
so youve just described child custody?
That is a result of patriachy
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wow. And here I thought you were mild... Ok what about all men have to be big and strong, that's an institution. Are you telling me that's not sexist.
ilem
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You mean the sort of systematically ingrained sexism that results in far more men than women committing suicide, dying as a result of working dangerous jobs, not to mention young men are disproportionately represented in combat casualties (it just happens men are still seen as the gender privileged enough to die in a combat zone. I guess that's not sexist though )
icdjabtjk
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sacca)

says the female in the top 1% of privelaged people, wearing clothes and trainers which were made by boys in a sweatshop and eats chocolate farmed by a boy who is so poor he never tasted chocolate in his life. Get over yourself, you abuse boys from a position of privelage and power all day every day who basically work as slaves for you.
Spetznaaz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And people wonder why feminists are so disliked.
username360639
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Dear Sacca,

:rofl:
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Dear women,

Maternity leave vs paternity leave.

OP is being silly, thankfully you don't all think like her.
Cremated_Spatula
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sacca)

Dictionary is wrong... seems legit.
DanB1991
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sacca)
DiddyDec
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The dictionary is not wrong, you are wrong.
Wade-
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sacca)

1/5 women are raped? You're so delusional

So if there's no institutional sexism against men explain why men are at such a disadvantage with child custody, explain why men are more likely to receive a custodial sentence for the same offence, explain why if a woman forces a man to have sex with her she can only go to prison for 6 years whereas a man can get life

Posted from TSR Mobile
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1 in 5 women are raped. Well, that certainly seems legit.
limetang
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sacca)

Oh good, I'm glad you've set a precedent for that. Good to know we can ignore the dictionary definition of feminism and focus on the reality of the situation.
limetang
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sacca)
EVEN IF this is the case, it doesn't stop it from being systematic and institutional discrimination against men does it?

And further, if as is often said, patriarchy hurts men too, then in what meaningful sense can it be called patriarchy?
Welsh_insomniac
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Dear Women,

We don't care. Enjoy being subservient.

Yours Unfaithfully,

The Patriarchy.
beckaroo7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Of course women can be sexist towards men. Imagine if a woman was in charge of who she hired. She chooses not to hire a man purely because he is a man. Sexism surely?

1/5 women are raped? here did you get this statistic exactly?
VannR
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Your personal definition of sexism derived from bigotry and misandry is wrong; the dictionary definition of sexism derived from the consensus among theories of social and political discrimination is correct. The general consensus among concerned parties as to the usage of a particular word actually defines the definition of a word itself.

Get over it.
limetang
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by VannR)
Your personal definition of sexism derived from bigotry and misandry is wrong; the dictionary definition of sexism derived from the consensus among theories of social and political discrimination is correct. The general consensus among concerned parties as to the usage of a particular word actually defines the definition of a word itself.

Get over it.
You have to wonder what it is about people like this that makes them so hostile to the idea of taking mens issues seriously.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.04%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.89%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.58%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
37.91%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.57%

Watched Threads