This discussion is closed.
sly303
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi

I'm probably going to apply to 5 UK med schools via UCAS, then 3-4 European (taught in English Med Schools). Is this quite a common thing to do??

There looks to be some good ones around especially now seeing Barts are teaching their MBBS in Malta now. I think St Georges also do one overseas now?

Many thanks :-) :-)

S
ForestCat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sly303)
Hi

I'm probably going to apply to 5 UK med schools via UCAS, then 3-4 European (taught in English Med Schools). Is this quite a common thing to do??

There looks to be some good ones around especially now seeing Barts are teaching their MBBS in Malta now. I think St Georges also do one overseas now?

S
You can only apply to four via Ucas btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
sly303
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by ForestCat)
You can only apply to four via Ucas btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah ok thanks
But then as many offshore schools as I like??

S
ForestCat
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah ok thanks
But then as many offshore schools as I like??

S
Technically yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ForestCat
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi

S
Btw are you aware of Barts fees in Malta, €35000 a year!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
anonymus696
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am a current medical student at this university and I feel like I should warn prospective students that the experience they are expecting will not be as promised. We do not have a "newly built state of the art" university, as is advertised, and most likely won't for another 5 years. We, therefore, don't have a proper library that allows for serious study, or readily available PBL rooms etc, as we are using a few rooms in the Gozo Sixth Form College. The "newly refurbished General Hospital" which is our teaching hospital is only refurbished in the entrance, the actual consultation rooms are anything but refurbished. I suppose this doesn't matter too much, with the few patients the hospital actually sees, which isn't a surprise when you consider that this "state of the art" hospital doesn't even have something as basic as an MRI. The clinical exposure the students can thus get, is below anything you would see in the UK and undoubtedly below the standards necessitated by the GMC.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
23.75%
No (183)
76.25%

Watched Threads