What are those people who work with engineers called ? Watch

AsandaLFC
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I was passing by the freeway road today and theres this huge project going on there. Seems like they're building a huge bridge which might take 3 years. What are those people who actually do the labour called ? I know the people with B.eng are the ones telling them what to do. Do those people even hold qualifications ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AsandaLFC)
I was passing by the freeway road today and theres this huge project going on there. Seems like they're building a huge bridge which might take 3 years. What are those people who actually do the labour called ? I know the people with B.eng are the ones telling them what to do. Do those people even hold qualifications ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Labourers?

Depends on their role.
physicst
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
Labourers?

Depends on their role.
They are called real engineer
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by physicst)
They are called real engineer
No. An unskilled labourer is called a labourer. A skilled labourer could legitimately call themselves an engineer in my opinion.
physicst
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No. An unskilled labourer is called a labourer. A skilled labourer could legitimately call themselves an engineer in my opinion.
Not all of them are unskilled some of them knows more than today's paper engineers because they practice on the real platform
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by physicst)
Not all of them are unskilled some of them knows more than today's paper engineers because they practice on the real platform
In which case, they're a skilled worker?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
they is called workies
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AsandaLFC)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Labourers, workmen.
physicst
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In which case, they're a skilled worker?
Ok this depends upon how you define the word "skill" . I thought an act become a skill when one repeat it large number of time so that the person in question do it with fluidity that is absent in the hand of some other person . So in that case many of them are skilled person in my opinion at least.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.09%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.79%

Watched Threads