Turn on thread page Beta

Hello there

I have a question on A/AS levels. I am a mature overseas student, and as I spoke with UK universities they would like me to sit for A/AS levels or recent studies so that I can prove my suitability for higher studies. That puzzled me but nevertheless, I am very much willing to do that and I started searching for information how and what I can do.

Can you give me some hits where to search for information? What courses do I have to consider? What is the institution that deals with A/AS levels exams?

thanx a lot !!!!

cheers,

armina

[email protected]

ReputationRep:
    its best to try and locate a further education college or an adult learing centre in the area your intrested in. they can probably advise you best on your options. you can do as/a levels in most subjects.

good luck

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    You could also study independantly and appear for your exams at your local British Council. You should go talk to them to get your syllabus codes (for the subjects you wish to do) and get your course content. They usually recommend a couple of books that could help you get started; which would help a great deal. If you pick a subject you like and enjoy; you should have lots of fun and hardly any trouble.
    Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Hello there

I have a question on A/AS levels. I am a mature overseas student, and as I spoke with UK universities they would like me to sit for A/AS levels or recent studies so that I can prove my suitability for higher studies. That puzzled me but nevertheless, I am very much willing to do that and I started searching for information how and what I can do.

Can you give me some hits where to search for information? What courses do I have to consider? What is the institution that deals with A/AS levels exams?

thanx a lot !!!!

cheers,

armina

[email protected]
    I was in the same position as you so I took A/S maths last year and I have just got my results for my A-levels maths.

Unfortunately, I can't attend the Uni I had been in touch with as I am not entitled to any financial help and need to save for a couple of years before I go. I intend to do another maths A-level as I found doing the A/S extremely difficult at first and need to keep up the studying so that I can cope when I can actually go.

I have been going to adult education classes which is only 2 hours a week and have spent many hours working on exercises at home. It has been hard with a family and a break from education for 16 years but I am really glad I have done it.

Results day got me as nervous as the exam days! I intend to do a maths degree so needed to find out the grades my uni expected me to achieve.

You could talk to the universities and see what subjects they advise to do then decide which you like the sound of best!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.