And not all Indonesians are Muslims.
Alpha Lamb Meme
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by GnomeMage)
not all muslims support ISIS.
How many people actually argue that all Muslims support the Islamic State? Seems like a massive strawman in the much more nuanced and complex debate over Islam's role in influencing the significant amount of bad things that are happening in its name, of which IS is but one example.
R£SP£CT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good on them. .

Posted from TSR Mobile
yo radical one
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good actually.

Yes the West needs to grow some balls and demand behaviour of Muslims equal to that expected from Christians rather than this cultural relativism nonsense, at the same time, Muslims should be given credit when they do do the right thing.
TheTruthTeller
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Obviously alot of muslims are against ISIS and alot are at the forefront of fighting them such as Iran, Jordan etc. Obviously these protests shoulds be aknowledged by the media and I think they are good in showing how many muslims disagree with isis. However I must stress that just because some muslims don't protest against them, does not make them supporters of isis. I mean I'm doing my gcses and I don't have enough time to go out and protest against ISIS but I am for arming the kurds to fight them. I don't think I should be forced to actively protest, yet I am quite disapointed by the muslims in the uk response as it seems when Palestinians get attacked for example there is mass protests but if it's muslims against muslims and all others who aren't isis the response is not as vocal as seen by the palestinian cause, which is horrific in my eyes as it suggests we care about some muslim deaths more than others.
Revisaphobe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not all Muslims support ISIS, just as not all Christians support the LRA in Uganda, nor do all Buddhists support the Burmese cleansing of Muslims, nor do all Hindus support the actions of Hindu mobs in the Gujarati riots in India, nor did all atheists endorse Mao's genocide. Generalisations are not only useless, but detrimental to any mature debate about the existence of extremism within movements/groups.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.94%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.08%
Not great so far... (220)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.09%

Watched Threads