Which university should I make my insurance? Watch

LouieSax
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello.
Currently, I am in the process of considering which university to put as my insurance choice (either Cardiff or Liverpool).

The reasons being, my firm choice is Southampton which is conditional to NHS funding (so if they over prescribe places in August, it could be a possibility that I won't get in) I wanted to put Cardiff as my insurance however that has the same conditions. Cardiff is the uni I prefer as my insurance because of the facilities and the distance away from home (means I can bring all of my things to university via car) whereas Liverpool is unconditional however, I like the university less and its going to be a struggle getting there (I would have to take all of my uni things via train which would be pretty difficult)
Which one should I pick for my insurance?
Any help would be gratefully appreciated
Kind Regards,
LouieSax
Andrew657Thomas
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You said that Cardiff and Southampton have this NHS funding, so if that's not there you won't get in right?
So there would be no point putting down Cardiff because if there's funding, you'll get in Southampton, if there isn't funding you won't have any uni to go to.

Put down Liverpool as your insurance, I mean you still get to go to a University, right?!

Good luck
LouieSax
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Andrew657Thomas)
You said that Cardiff and Southampton have this NHS funding, so if that's not there you won't get in right?
So there would be no point putting down Cardiff because if there's funding, you'll get in Southampton, if there isn't funding you won't have any uni to go to.

Put down Liverpool as your insurance, I mean you still get to go to a University, right?!

Good luck
No no, its conditional to each university. So for example if Southampton over prescribe to my subject I may/may not get the funding or the course however, that doesn't mean Cardiff will over perscribe. Its very unlikely in each instance but if it does happen to both unis then I won't get in but that is even more so unlikely
Andrew657Thomas
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LouieSax)
No no, its conditional to each university. So for example if Southampton over prescribe to my subject I may/may not get the funding or the course however, that doesn't mean Cardiff will over perscribe. Its very unlikely in each instance but if it does happen to both unis then I won't get in but that is even more so unlikely
ooooo, okay I understand, yeah Go with your two favorites then !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads