Matt480
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys,
Does anyone else have their PRTC at RAF Halton in June of 2015, with a potential start date of September?
Hopefully going in as an FOA, just wondered if there's anyone else out there in the same intake.
Fletcher1990
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes mate, i'm on the same intake- looking forward to it! I'm trying to get in as an MT Driver. After you sent your consent for the PRTC allocation, did you hear anything back from AFCO?

Where abouts are you from? Do you have far to travel to Halton?
Matt480
Rep:
?
Hi mate,
I didn't send off a consent form to the AFCO, after I rang them they told me my dates then i got an E-Mail confirming them, hopefully I haven't missed anything!
From Birmingham side myself so not too far to go, how about you?
Best of luck!
jasonjb1985
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Looks like I'll be there a similar date to you two, ive also applied for FOA.
Matt480
Rep:
?
Hi Jason,
Did you have to send a form to your AFCO to confirm your PRTC place? just to help out Fletcher
Looking forward to it guys?
jasonjb1985
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes I got a consent form through that i returned to my local AFCO. How are you getting down there Matt?
Matt480
Rep:
?
Seems like it's just me that didn't get one of those then! Probably train/getting a lift or driving down, how about you mate?
jasonjb1985
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Im driving down, I really don't fancy getting the train. Something always goes wrong with public transport when I use it.
Matt480
Rep:
?
(Original post by jasonjb1985)
Im driving down, I really don't fancy getting the train. Something always goes wrong with public transport when I use it.
Good shout.
How's the fitness going for you guys?
jasonjb1985
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mines going well, I've been going to 11 on the bleep test and when it was PJFT I did the run in 9.10 I think. How are you finding your fitness? I was more worried about the functional skills due to leaving school 14 years ago but once I got the revision books it seemed there isn't much to be worried about with that.
Matt480
Rep:
?
(Original post by jasonjb1985)
Mines going well, I've been going to 11 on the bleep test and when it was PJFT I did the run in 9.10 I think. How are you finding your fitness? I was more worried about the functional skills due to leaving school 14 years ago but once I got the revision books it seemed there isn't much to be worried about with that.
Good to hear! I managed 10.20 on my PJFT but only had time to train for 5 days! Bleep test is going well hitting 10 comfortably, functional skills is alright too as I've only just left school!
Fletcher1990
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Glad to hear everyone's on the case with the training!

I'm planning to drive down too; maybe even stay in a travel lodge in the area the night before. I've been running like a mad man but i'm yet to do a mock bleep-test, i'd better sort that out!

As far as key skills goes I can do English but my maths is a bit naff, so i'm slowly working through a revision guide.

I'm from Walsall by the way- about 20 mins from Birmingham. Might be worth meeting up for a pint and to swap notes.
Matt480
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fletcher1990)
Glad to hear everyone's on the case with the training!

I'm planning to drive down too; maybe even stay in a travel lodge in the area the night before. I've been running like a mad man but i'm yet to do a mock bleep-test, i'd better sort that out!

As far as key skills goes I can do English but my maths is a bit naff, so i'm slowly working through a revision guide.

I'm from Walsall by the way- about 20 mins from Birmingham. Might be worth meeting up for a pint and to swap notes.
You'll be fine mate I'm sure, a month today we'll be there!
Found out you can convert the bleep test into treadmill for, so getting level 10 is equivalent to running for 10 minutes at a speed of 13 km/h if that's any help.
Sounds good to me, maybe I'll run there as added fitness haha.
Uni-Chick
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Matt480)
Found out you can convert the bleep test into treadmill for, so getting level 10 is equivalent to running for 10 minutes at a speed of 13 km/h if that's any help.
I would advice NOT training for bleep test like that!!! It's good for getting pacing right if you use it right. Use Wikipedia - Search bleep test and it will tell you the speed of each level etc. So level 1 is 1 minute at 8.5KPH or something. increase your treadmill speed at each 1 minute interval to mimick the speed of the test- It helps with pacing. However, it doesn't help you with the turn. Remember you've got to turn and speed up again every 20M.

on another note - You shouldn't be posting dates or locations on a public board- you'll get told off for it at PRTC if they find who you are.
S_S_Smithy91
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi all,

Was meant to be on PRTC 2nd June as well but I'm on holiday.

Anyone else got a start date 9th September?

Cheers
Uni-Chick
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anybody ever listen to "don't post dates?"
Matt480
Rep:
?
(Original post by Uni-Chick)
Does anybody ever listen to "don't post dates?"
I've messaged him, don't worry.
jasonjb1985
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know who we hand our fuel form into? Is it the local AFCO or at Halton?
Izzyrosco
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm waiting on my dates still but good luck to each and everyone of you but my fitness is I think on point now and I'm lucky enuf to already have done my level 1 and 2 functional skills lol
Izzyrosco
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Matt480)
Mat do think it will be to late for me to get these dates too or so u think I will be on the next one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads