lola85
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, Just wondering has anybody else been given a conditional offer for any of the health sciences, and do you know by what date we have to meet the conditions?
strabane15
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've got a conditional for radiography can't make conditions until results come out in august
lola85
Rep:
?
Congratulations yeah I was just wondering because I'm doing an access course and I won't get the results of one of my modules until the 28th August so hope that's not too late. I got a conditional for radiography too.
cmccarron3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
conditional for Occupational Therapy! if it's NHS funded, can we apply for grant and bursary?
lola85
Rep:
?
I'm trying to find out the same info, let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same!
cmccarron3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lola85)
I'm trying to find out the same info, let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same!
I will surely!
lola85
Rep:
?
(Original post by cmccarron3)
I will surely!
I spoke to student finance ni this morning and they said they don't deal with it and told me to ring the university. Ive tried but no answer so I've sent an email. But I've found info online stating that student finance ni deal with it.
cmccarron3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've asked someone whos currently studying radiography at UUJ and this is part of the msg, "I get a loan and bursary, but the amount of the bursary is decided on yours/ur fams income.. I get the maximum of both and I probably get around 4,800 a year, but mines is less because our tuition fees are fully paid by the NHS, so you might get more."

I think OT is only partially funded you see, I'm going to e-mail them as well, I wish they would send us a leaflet with all the info we need to know about our specific course, life would be much easier lol
lola85
Rep:
?
Just spoke to someone at the uni, she said that all of the allied health profession course are funded - so that will include OT. She told me that we need to contact the library board about applying for the bursary, but we don't need to do anything about the tuition fees because the uni will deal with this.

I then spoke to a guy at the library board who told me that once we fill in an online application with student finance ni (it will ask if we are eligible for a bursary - say yes), they will automatically pass our details onto the library board, who will then contact us and assess us for the grants/loan.

Hopefully this is the right info now lol
olyb
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lola85)
I spoke to student finance ni this morning and they said they don't deal with it and told me to ring the university. Ive tried but no answer so I've sent an email. But I've found info online stating that student finance ni deal with it.
It's a bit weird but student finance and the education and library boards deal with grants and loans not the nhs , the unis don't seem to know anything about funding.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads