This discussion is closed.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
Don't get to big for your boots, Mr. Lord Bartender. If you don't behave, Empress Cesca will be displeased. You don't want Empress Cesca to be displeased... do you?
Yeh, that's probably worse than being carded or banned :/ Still, it's nice knowing you can't do it to me
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nebelbon)
Why on earth would anyone waste hours of their time on something like this?

I disagree that they are fair. They are very bias and unfair. I've received cards for saying certain things and it is ridiculous. I remember when LP got in trouble for his posts on the transgender motion or something and he got banned because of his opinion. That is so so wrong.
because they do actually care.

they have to keep it a nice place for everyone. If you have extreme views or hate loads of people and go out of your way to spread that then you deserve to be carded.
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Yeh, not happening - go buy some from somewhere else...

Awesome

Agreed - not for miser (as I don't know him), but the CTs that I speak to through certain things, are pretty cool! Good for feeding ideas about a June meet at Thorpe Park for...
Who said I was buying??? You're paying for me.

you get to go to mod meets?
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why on earth would anyone waste hours of their time on something like this?

I disagree that they are fair. They are very bias and unfair. I've received cards for saying certain things and it is ridiculous. I remember when LP got in trouble for his posts on the transgender motion or something and he got banned because of his opinion. That is so so wrong.
It actually took days. It really did. Why? Because they wanted to be fair.

Also, cards escalate, you know. And it takes a whole lot of cards within a certain amount of time to get banned. Unless someone does something really awful.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They were below him?! I never knew that. They still have access to certain mod features is what i've heard.
Yes, they were basic mods, miser being an SL is higher, and no they don't.
username456717
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)

they have to keep it a nice place for everyone. If you have extreme views or hate loads of people and go out of your way to spread that then you deserve to be carded.

It cannot take that much time.

They don't keep it a nice place for everyone. Only for those who share their viewpoint.

It wasn't hate it was an opinion that went against what most people think, he should never have been banned for it.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)

Nah, would be a different meet - was just an idea, but no actual basis for it yet
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It actually took days. It really did. Why? Because they wanted to be fair.

Also, cards escalate, you know. And it takes a whole lot of cards within a certain amount of time to get banned. Unless someone does something really awful.
A blue card can result in a huge ban in the correct circumstance and that blue card should not be issued in the first place just because a mod disagrees with an opinion expressed.

I believe you, as i see no reason you would lie, that is an awfully long time to spend on something like this.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It cannot take that much time.

They don't keep it a nice place for everyone. Only for those who share their viewpoint.

It wasn't hate it was an opinion that went against what most people think, he should never have been banned for it.
It does, and unless you want to go work at TSR towers I would suggest you don't know what you are talking about

look ok above, cards escalate.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Yes, they were basic mods, miser being an SL is higher, and no they don't.
I'm fairly certain they do.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nah, would be a different meet - was just an idea, but no actual basis for it yet
WS meet?
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
It does, and unless you want to go work at TSR towers I would suggest you don't know what you are talking about

look ok above, cards escalate.
Who says i don't know someone IRL who is a mod on here, albeit in a different section of the site.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm fairly certain they do.
Nope, once a mod steps down they lose all power. I think you are confused with that other place.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
WS meet?
Dunno, but that's not a bad idea!!! Obviously, you'd have to buy your own ticket...
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't get to big for your boots, Mr. Lord Bartender. If you don't behave, Empress Cesca will be displeased. You don't want Empress Cesca to be displeased... do you?
What's Lord Mobbsy doing now, my dear?

Well i've been on holiday for the past week so i need my fill.

It was a big mess, dupes, coups all the good stuff.
The usual drama!
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Dunno, but that's not a bad idea!!! Obviously, you'd have to buy your own ticket...
nope, you'd pay for me.

Who says i don't know someone IRL who is a mod on here, albeit in a different section of the site.
I dint think you do.
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeh, that's probably worse than being carded or banned :/ Still, it's nice knowing you can't do it to me
Displeasing me is a bad move.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Nope, once a mod steps down they lose all power. I think you are confused with that other place.
No i'm really not. Unless it is a subscriber feature.
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A blue card can result in a huge ban in the correct circumstance and that blue card should not be issued in the first place just because a mod disagrees with an opinion expressed.

I believe you, as i see no reason you would lie, that is an awfully long time to spend on something like this.
As a mod you have to judge on a post-by-post basis. Not if something will tip someone into a ban. And opinions are fine, but it's about how they are expressed. For example, one can discuss gender issues and that's cool, but saying "all men are (insert nasty phrasing here)" or "all women are (same), or all black people, all white people, and so on, then as much as it may be an opinion, it's also against the rules. And that's just one kind of example.

Aye, it was a long time. But it needed to be done to keep things fair for Birkenhead.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CescaD96)

The usual drama!
Saying that I dont like greens!

(Original post by Aph)
nope, you'd pay for me.
Haha, you wish!

Spoiler:
Show
maybe

Displeasing me is a bad move.
Yes yes yes ok - BUT - I did launch a long internal investigation about that champagne on your tab, so you should be very pleased about that!!!
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He's teasing me because I can't ban him.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (62)
32.29%
Spring (36)
18.75%
Autumn/Fall (48)
25%
Winter (36)
18.75%
I love them all equally (10)
5.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise