FL72 Live: Fleetwood vs Preston 14:15 Watch

TornadoGR4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago

Our live game this weekend comes from Highbury on the Lancashire coast as Fleetwood Town take on Preston North End in this SkyBet League One clash.

Fleetwood have been inconsistent recently amassing 8 points from their last 5 matches, but the Cod army are still withing touching distance of the playoffs despite sitting 10th in the league, just 4 points away from 6th placed Peterborough.

Preston are in a terrific run of form themselves, taking 11 points from their last 5 games and being unbeaten in 10 stretching back to January has propelled the Lilywhites to an automatic promotion spot. Simon Grayson's boys will be hoping to maintain their 3 point gap to Swindon with a victory against their Lancashire rivals on Sunday.

Live on Sky Sports 1 from 14:05, 29/03

:cool:

Spoiler:
Show
She wanted to be quoted in
(Original post by Viva Emptiness)
x
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:dry:
Jangrafess
Badges: 18
Report 4 years ago
Now this is the kind of thing I can get behind. Ignore Viva Emptiness, she's just upset there's no Norwich game this weekend.
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Fleetwood could climb up to 9th & be just 1 point off the playoffs if they win today. Them getting into the Championship would better Yeovil who achieved the same feat 2 seasons ago (who, on an unrelated note, seem certain to go down with a second consecutive relegation)
Arkasia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Boring draw, 1-1.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What happens when Fleetwood play Grimsby? The cod derby?
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Daniel Johnson with a pin point sidefoot finish puts Preston ahead, 0-1
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Ref has been brilliant, one thing the lower league refs do right is letting the game flow.

Laird with a fantastic volley & it's deflected over, Fleetwood have their backs against the ropes.
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
On the stroke of half time Beckford's very tame shot from 3 yards is held onto by the Fleetwood keeper, huge miss for the former Everton frontman.

HT: Fleetwood 0-1 Preston
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Fleetwood have a strong penalty appeal denied, certainly looked like handball, the home side are enjoying a decent attacking spell on the ball.
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Preston defender Paul Huntington collides heavily with his keeper, completely knocked out & is currently being given oxygen. Stretcher is on the pitch along with a lot of medics.

Neck brace put on as a precaution
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
After a 9 minute interruption, Huntington is stretchered off, ambulance was on hand to take the centre-back to the hospital
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Wow! What a fantastic goal for Fleetwood! A 20+ yard lob right into the top corner by substitute David Ball! 1-1
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Huntington is sitting up & talking, 12 minutes of injury time
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
FT: Fleetwood 1-1 Preston

A good game which Preston will feel aggrieved not to take all the spoils. The fairy tale dream is still possible for Fleetwood, as they continue their pursuit of a 7th promotion in 11 seasons.
Depleted
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Balls goal was great. Think keepers positioning was a little suspect though- went too far to the near post.
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Stunning goal by Ball, and Preston's opener wasn't too shabby either! Better quality than anything in this N. Ireland game.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.53%
No I haven't decided yet (59)
22.96%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed