ancovicka1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys!

Please, could someone (current student) tell me more about European Politics BA? I got uncon offer for this course, however I am not sure how good this course is, it´s been open since 2013.. Is the course competitive? Can we chose modules from different dept (International Relations etc)? Is there any option to study abroad for a semester?

Really important for me, thank you!!
User1248243
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How is it different to European "studies"? Both seem like farcical courses to me, unless you want to work in the EU.
Kantismyfave
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have a conditional offer for this course and have firmed
We can chose modules from different departments, including philosophy and war studies department s. In the firs year, we will have to take 30 credits from different European countries (or something like that). There is the opportunity with European studies to travel abroad, but I do not recall there being this opportunity with European politics. I do not know whether it is competitive, but the department have been rated 1st in terms of research this year, and Kings is 11th in the UK for politics on certain league tables. The course aims to give an in depth understanding of the way that politics works in other countries; acting as a foundation to either further studies or work in politics. The person above me mentioned correctly, that it is useful for working with the EU, however this is not the only area in which the knowledge gained from the degree would be beneficial. Banks, large corporations, charities and other NGOs also work with international relations.
I chose this course for the above reasons, and am bias towards it because I really did like the sound of it. I am interested in further study, and although some may call it "farcical", I am optimistic about the opportunities it will offer me Hope I helped in any way!
ancovicka1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Where did you find info about departmens we can chose modules from?
pvanw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ancovicka1)
Where did you find info about departmens we can chose modules from?
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/depts/.../mods1415.aspx here you go :-)
Livjenkinson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am a prospective 2016 European Politics applicant, what grades were in the conditions of your offers? for the unconditional offer, what AS grades did you have and what were you predicted?
I love the sound of this course however I don't want to be rejected.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (36)
25.71%
No (104)
74.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed