Eve2901
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello everyone! I'm an Italian undergraduate student who has applied for the program a couple of weeks ago. I know it's kind of a "late" application but I really needed to get work references before applying and I finished my internship just recently. I have a good GPA (translated in american grading system it'd be a 3.75/4), I did a full-time internship at the European Commission and I also have a part-time work experience in a supermarket to help pay for my tuition. I also did MUN and Summer schools abroad. I just want to reach out to anyone who has a profile similar to mine and know if there are real chances of getting in (I know the program values work experience a lot and I don't know if mine is enough) as well as have an idea of what are the actual processing times (I know LSE says typically 8 weeks, but I also know of some people who got their response both earlier and later). Thanks
dovidov
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey,

I have PMG as my second option, however having been made an offer on my first option 2 weeks ago I asked them to also consider PMG since I might take that instead (if I get an offer). Being my second preference, my application only got sent to the department last week when I asked them so I am probably as late as you in being considered. I am not in a position to make a judgement on your chances, although obviously the European Commission is a good name to have. I have worked for 2 years in investment promotion since my undergraduate studies and have heard from ex-alumni that there are many experienced civil servants and other such experienced types who get into the programme. However don't get discouraged since I know for a fact they also take in other people with little work experience (just internships). I think a good academic profile like yours and good references and personal statement are most important, if you have all those then you have a good chance, regardless of work experience.
Eve2901
Rep:
?
Hey,

Thank you so much for your reply! I was just kind of worried because (unlike other courses) I don't know any alumnus or student, so I wasn't able to have an actual idea of the class formation besides the class stats on the website. I've read the course description and been told they do prefer experienced people, so I was just wondering if I stand the slightest chance of being considered for the "unexperienced" part of the class. Also because my second choice program closed a week after I submitted my application, so I don't think I will be considered for that. Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us. Good luck
midnight999
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Eve2901)
Hello everyone! I'm an Italian undergraduate student who has applied for the program a couple of weeks ago. I know it's kind of a "late" application but I really needed to get work references before applying and I finished my internship just recently. I have a good GPA (translated in american grading system it'd be a 3.75/4), I did a full-time internship at the European Commission and I also have a part-time work experience in a supermarket to help pay for my tuition. I also did MUN and Summer schools abroad. I just want to reach out to anyone who has a profile similar to mine and know if there are real chances of getting in (I know the program values work experience a lot and I don't know if mine is enough) as well as have an idea of what are the actual processing times (I know LSE says typically 8 weeks, but I also know of some people who got their response both earlier and later). Thanks
Hi, I have applied for a different course (MSc Management, Organisations and Governance) so I don't know anything about the course you have applied for but I wanted to ask whether or not you have got an offer and if you do have an offer, how long did it take you to receive your offer from the day you submitted your application?

I am asking because you said you applied late and I submitted my application on the 27th of April, I received my Student ID number on the 11th of May and they still haven't told me whether or not I have been accepted so I wanted an idea of roughly how long more I may need to wait.

Thanks
Eve2901
Rep:
?
Hi!

So I received an offer three weeks ago, that was about 5/6 weeks after I received my ID number and my profile was taken under consideration by the department. On the website (and I believe also on your graduate application tracker) it says that it can take them up to 8 weeks to make you an offer. I think the timing depends a lot on the department (mine is the same as yours so maybe you'll receive an answer soon), and on the availability on the program, but in any case I doubt they will be able to give you a feedback before two or three weeks at least because for what I know it just takes a lot of time for them to process each application. If you really want to know, try to call the telephone directory and ask if they can give you even the roughest idea on when to expect an answer. When I was expecting mine, I called and they were very nice but they just gave me an indicative period which was simply within the usual 8 weeks.

I hope this was of help.. good luck with your application!
midnight999
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Eve2901)
Hi!

So I received an offer three weeks ago, that was about 5/6 weeks after I received my ID number and my profile was taken under consideration by the department. On the website (and I believe also on your graduate application tracker) it says that it can take them up to 8 weeks to make you an offer. I think the timing depends a lot on the department (mine is the same as yours so maybe you'll receive an answer soon), and on the availability on the program, but in any case I doubt they will be able to give you a feedback before two or three weeks at least because for what I know it just takes a lot of time for them to process each application. If you really want to know, try to call the telephone directory and ask if they can give you even the roughest idea on when to expect an answer. When I was expecting mine, I called and they were very nice but they just gave me an indicative period which was simply within the usual 8 weeks.

I hope this was of help.. good luck with your application!
Thanks that was helpful.

I just wanted to ask on which date did you submit your application and on which date did you receive your offer, just so I have a full idea about how long it took you and thus how long it may take me to find out? I am also asking because you said you applied "late" and I applied later than you.I know that LSE is a uni where a lot of people apply before January and people are encouraged to apply before the end of March, so given the fact that I applied in the end of April it makes me really curious of how long I will have to wait.

I actually did call the postgraduate admissions and they said they can send an email to the relevant people asking if they can speed things up a bit and make their decision sooner (though it doesn't guarantee that I will find out sooner), so they did send an email. Yet I am still curious, I would like to find out their decision (and get an offer) before the end of June (though ideally ASAP).

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads