Stepmum making it impossible to talk to boyfriend? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Been dating this amazing guy for about a month now and it's been brilliant so far.. My stepmother is making it next to impossible to maintain a relationship with him though. She's taken away my phone so I can't call or text him and when I tried calling him on the home phone she threatened that she would kill me if she found out I was talking to him. When she took my phone away she gave me a long lecture and called me a whore for having a boyfriend during a levels and that she would rather see me dead than dishonour my family.. I love my boyfriend to pieces and because we're a long distance relationship I have to rely on calling and texting him to keep the relationship going.

She's becoming so controlling and I don't know what to do? She's very backward so she won't even listen to anything.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
Email? Phone whilst at school/college?
hummingthrough
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Isn't this abuse? Can you complain against her?
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
She's becoming so controlling and I don't know what to do? She's very backward so she won't even listen to anything.
Don't bother wasting your time trying to convince someone like this. Just wait until you've finished A-Levels and go off to uni or do whatever else you want.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Reue)
Don't bother wasting your time trying to convince someone like this. Just wait until you've finished A-Levels and go off to uni or do whatever else you want.
She's being so controlling though! I have a year left until I go to uni and it's annoying me because I can't even have a proper LDR with my boyfriend
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
She's being so controlling though! I have a year left until I go to uni and it's annoying me because I can't even have a proper LDR with my boyfriend
So you're about 17? A long distance relationship at that age isn't worth the potential trouble you will likely encounter with this woman. If your relationship is worth it; your boyfriend will wait the year.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hummingthrough)
Isn't this abuse? Can you complain against her?
How is it abuse?
hummingthrough
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How is it abuse?
She is controlling your freedom to socialize and causing you emotional distress. It is affecting your mental health. I mean you are not a 10 year old kid, you are going up, soon to be an adult, you have to make your own decisions. You need your basic freedom.

More over, if you were into alcohol or drugs and your freedom was restricted, it would have made some sense, but you are just talking to some guy. This is totally unjustified.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads