Bigyan_Gurung
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I completed my BPharmacy (4yrs) and MPharm in Pharmaceutics (2yrs) from India. arrived in london around a month ago and have no clue yet, as to whether i'm eligible to apply for jobs in pharmaceutical industry or if i have to do PG Diploma in OSPAP course for foreigners from a uni first? I'm staying wit my family and ther's no visa issues. Do you guys have any suggestion. please do respond. in dilemma ryt nw
flpharmgirl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
to the best of my knowledge you must attend the course first(ospap),to be able to work anywhere as a pharmacist.have you done the IELTS TEST?
Bigyan_Gurung
Rep:
?
I'm planning to take the test by end of this month. Hopefully I'll get my biometric residence permit soon. I have appointment on 7th, next week. Thank you soo much for your reply. I'm actually new to this whole student forum thing so it was a pleasant surprise hearing from someone. Is it possible for me to apply in any pharmaceutical industry jobs?
flpharmgirl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bigyan_Gurung)
I'm planning to take the test by end of this month. Hopefully I'll get my biometric residence permit soon. I have appointment on 7th, next week. Thank you soo much for your reply. I'm actually new to this whole student forum thing so it was a pleasant surprise hearing from someone. Is it possible for me to apply in any pharmaceutical industry jobs?
to be honest I think you can only work as a ATO.PREVIOUSLY YOU COULD WORK AS PHARMACY TECH,HOWEVER YOU NOW HAVE TO REGISTER WITH THE SOCIETY AND UNDERGO A TRAINING PERIOD.BUT CONTACT THE GPHC FIRST.
Bigyan_Gurung
Rep:
?
Thanks much. What is ATO btw? I probably have to do OSPAP. It's just a tad tedious work I feel; feels almost asif I'm starting everything all over again. Where do you work currently?
flpharmgirl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bigyan_gurung)
thanks much. What is ato btw? I probably have to do ospap. It's just a tad tedious work i feel; feels almost asif i'm starting everything all over again. Where do you work currently?
ato is assistant tevhnical officer which is lower than a technician in terms of pay.alternatively you can register with the gphc as a pharmacy technician but it requires some training time.contact the gphc for more info
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads