who chose to be born white/black
who chose to be born in Europe

this concept is referred to as throwness
Juicy J
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't feel enslaved by my gender or race. You have to accept diversity, it's not always a negative phenomenon. Accept the things that you can't control and try to change whatever is holding you back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
there's too much love
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're not using the word slave correctly.
D.G.N.A
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sdvds;[url="tel:54593003")
54593003[/url]]who chose to be born a male/femal
who chose to be born white/black
who chose to be born in Europe

this concept is referred to as throwness
Everyone did. They just forgot. What did you have for dinner every Wednesday for the past year, excluding days that more than two bugs flew near your eyes? Exactly. Besides, we don't know the problems of one race or another, or being born in Europe. So it's not a really important decision, like if you call the ancient poet "Virgil" or "Vergil". It's amazingly possible you made that decision and simply forgot, because it's not important.
niv1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by D.G.N.A)
Everyone did. They just forgot. What did you have for dinner every Wednesday for the past year, excluding days that more than two bugs flew near your eyes? Exactly. Besides, we don't know the problems of one race or another, or being born in Europe. So it's not a really important decision, like if you call the ancient poet "Virgil" or "Vergil". It's amazingly possible you made that decision and simply forgot, because it's not important.
Just out of interesst do you spell it 'Vergil' or 'Virgil'. I think the first time I saw it it was spelt 'Virgil' so I somehow just see that as the right one for some reason even though I know that there are 2 versions.
D.G.N.A
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by niv1234)
Just out of interesst do you spell it 'Vergil' or 'Virgil'. I think the first time I saw it it was spelt 'Virgil' so I somehow just see that as the right one for some reason even though I know that there are 2 versions.
Oh, it's just some debate among colleges or something. Both are technically correct, depending on how you translate his name into English from Latin. Either way is correct, as long as you stay consistent.
niv1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by D.G.N.A)
Oh, it's just some debate among colleges or something. Both are technically correct, depending on how you translate his name into English from Latin. Either way is correct, as long as you stay consistent.
Yes I know both are correct, I was just wondering which you used. Also do you like Virgil's word. I've only done parts of book 9 of the Aeneid in Latin lessons.
D.G.N.A
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by niv1234)
Yes I know both are correct, I was just wondering which you used. Also do you like Virgil's word. I've only done parts of book 9 of the Aeneid in Latin lessons.
I use Virgil, I guess, I don't remember quite honestly. And I like his works, they're good to read if I'm bored.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (135)
62.79%
No I haven't decided yet (46)
21.4%
Yes but I might change my mind (34)
15.81%

Watched Threads