Why do some people turn into arses in a relationship? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Was best friends with a girl for many years, we did everything - shared everything together.
We both kept in touch at University - she finishes Uni, gets a boyfriend.
She pretty much disappeared for months, but we all knew it was the honey moon and left her too it.
I return from University for the holidays, set up a group chat with us all too meet over the time.
She doesn't respond on it. So we all meet up without her.
I message her 5 times, (borderline stalkerish) she doesn't reply.

I go back to University and continue to be ignored, finally call it a day and give up on the friendship.
Found out recently she'd been ignoring me (she hasn't spoke to me yet)
that it's because I didn't meet her over christmas or get her involved on anything we did.

I don't understand, if someone doesn 't reply and just spends everyday with their boyfriend - how can the person who tried to make the effort be at fault for not disturbing her/borderline stalkering her.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I am very confused at the situation and want to know if anyone has been in a similar position, has your friend turned unrecgonisable since being in a relationship or last rationality??
Juicy J
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
...why are you upset over nothing? She owes you absolutely nothing. She is not your mother. She is not your sister. She is not your wife. She is not your girlfriend. She is under absolutely no obligation whatsoever to talk to you. All she did was get on with her life, she decided not to talk to you...and you've made a big deal out of it. I can understand if you feel hurt, but you're not entitled to complain or make demands from her because she owes you nothing. She's not expected to reciprocate the friendship if she decides not to, for whatever reason. Let go of this grudge and anger, simply move on and cut her out of your life. I'm not condoning her actions, but at the same time she's free to do what she wants here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
CherryWine
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Juicy J)
...why are you upset over nothing? She owes you absolutely nothing. She is not your mother. She is not your sister. She is not your wife. She is not your girlfriend. She is under absolutely no obligation whatsoever to talk to you. All she did was get on with her life, she decided not to talk to you...and you've made a big deal out of it. I can understand if you feel hurt, but you're not entitled to complain or make demands from her because she owes you nothing. She's not expected to reciprocate the friendship if she decides not to, for whatever reason. Let go of this grudge and anger, simply move on and cut her out of your life. I'm not condoning her actions, but at the same time she's free to do what she wants here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But juicy, he's tried to contact her and invite her to things, and now she's pissed off with him because she says he didn't invite her to anything. Out of order.

Yeah I've experienced this before OP, they get so wrapped up in the relationship that everyone else ceases to exist. Then a few months later they realise they've no longer have a social life and its everyone else's fault.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Juicy J)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thought i pretty clearly stated above I gave up and moved on.
It's the fact I'm being blamed for not making an effort when I've done nothing but for a long period of time and then gave up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (53)
25.85%
No (152)
74.15%

Watched Threads