Why is there 2 papers for one year e.g Paper 1 and Paper 1R (edexcel maths) Watch

tomstekkers
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Recently been working through some past papers AS edexcel maths and even after the January exams stopped there are still 2 papers per year for example June 2013 paper 1 and paper 1R c2. I have also noticed that in some cases the paper R's have been somewhat harder so i was just wondering if anyone could tell my why there are 2 papers?
Wawasan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah they're the International papers for the International exams taken in timezones about 5 hours away. Generally speaking they're considered to be harder, e.g. Core 1 June 2014 but from the other two international papers I've done, C2 and S1 international papers don't seem to be that much more difficult than the UK Edexcel papers.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They are for the same subject specification as the UK papers and are not supposed to be any more difficult than UK papers. For some units, e.g. S1, there will be 3 papers, UK, R and International A Level (IAL)

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.15%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.06%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.76%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.55%
There's nothing they could do (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads

Latest