Who also studies WJEC AS Biology? :/

Did it last year

Dropped that ****

It was the one I did most on
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Did it last year

Dropped that ****

It was the one I did most on

Hi, Thanks for your reply and its sad to hear you dropped it, but guess biology's not for everyone. Also have you got any good notes or resources? Thanks
Original post by docsta15
Hi, Thanks for your reply and its sad to hear you dropped it, but guess biology's not for everyone. Also have you got any good notes or resources? Thanks

WJEC are notoriously **** for resources

Use the textbook but there are also extra details you need to know apparently...

Like width of lipid bilayer, types of epithelial cells etc

Which I found out in the exam :lol:
WJEC are notoriously **** for resources

Use the textbook but there are also extra details you need to know apparently...

Like width of lipid bilayer, types of epithelial cells etc

Which I found out in the exam :lol:

Yep The board is awful for the resources, they provide and i've been through plenty of past papers and have found questions on topics which are not covered in full detail in the book?:?
Yep The board is awful for the resources, they provide and i've been through plenty of past papers and have found questions on topics which are not covered in full detail in the book?:?

There's a teachers guide or something which I found after and it's meant to be really useful if you can find that

Like it has all points needed
There's a teachers guide or something which I found after and it's meant to be really useful if you can find that

Like it has all points needed

Do you reckon it will be available online? :/
Do you reckon it will be available online? :/

Yeah it is! There was a link posted somewhere
Yeah it is! There was a link posted somewhere

I've found it:

www.wjec.co.uk/dotAsset/3dec5ddf-ef5e-4540-93a6-acdf88ef0f13.pdf

Thanks
Hey guys, I have procrastinated so much during this Easter Holiday and haven't done much revision for any of my exams. However I have done light revision for all my subjects throughout the year and I have just over a month till my first exam. Do you guys reckon I have enough time to go through all the content for my subjects quickly and do past papers in order to achieve all A's at AS?
Original post by DeadEnd_96
Hey guys, I have procrastinated so much during this Easter Holiday and haven't done much revision for any of my exams. However I have done light revision for all my subjects throughout the year and I have just over a month till my first exam. Do you guys reckon I have enough time to go through all the content for my subjects quickly and do past papers in order to achieve all A's at AS?

What subjects are you doing? It depends on how well you can cram.... if it;s a case of pretty much having to teach yourself a whole years worth of work within 1 month, then it's probably too late. If you're confident that you know the stuff but just need to refresh to jot and refresh your memory, you might be okay. As well as having the knowledge, to get the A grades, you need to do lots of practice papers so that you can nail your exam technique.
Hey my exams are in june... has anyone actually been sticking to their plan?
I made a plan but things turn up or I procrastinate...
I made a new plan to start tomorrow so if I can do at least 4 solid days of work then I have made good use of my holiday.
Reply 272
How are people revising for so many hours? 4+ to me is just insane
Original post by Yua
How are people revising for so many hours? 4+ to me is just insane

I did 7 today :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fbrep2012
What subjects are you doing? It depends on how well you can cram.... if it;s a case of pretty much having to teach yourself a whole years worth of work within 1 month, then it's probably too late. If you're confident that you know the stuff but just need to refresh to jot and refresh your memory, you might be okay. As well as having the knowledge, to get the A grades, you need to do lots of practice papers so that you can nail your exam technique.

Thanks for the advice. I am studying Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. I 'm not starting from scratch, I just to refresh my memory for the content. Would it be okay if I just spent this whole month refreshing my memory and doing past papers?
Advice guys, I'm doing two a levels this year biology and sociology. I have two resits too my bio unit 2 exam and my empa. I did 5 hours everyday last week and I'm aiming for 6 everyday this week. Do you think this is enough? I haven't started past papers yet I'm going to aim to get them done in a few weeks as my exams are in June, except my empas. We haven't finished Bio unit 5 yet which is frustrating and I think we're about 2 weeks off but I've kept on top of my work for it. I've done 1 past paper for Bio 4 and I got a low B which I just think is due to lack of practice on past papers. I hate the empas for Bio though, feel under so much stress for them. I need an A in sociology and a B in biology, do you think this is attainable? Sorry for the long winded paragraph 😂
JESUS!! whats up with the 6/7 hours a day average here... if u started revision in march, you only really need 2 hours per day haha! depending on ur mock results obviously..
Personally I like to actually take a break from revision during the holidays (perhaps a couple of hours near the end of the holiday but that's it.) But soon as I go back to school I'll do solid revision daily until the end of the exams :smile:
It's hard to do loads of revision when you have loads of coursework and when your sixth form can't organise themselves properly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I similarly set work targets rather than time targets, but I will generally spend all day revising (with breaks of course). Over Easter I am going to spend the whole day on revision but I have 3 'break days' planned, two where I am in Stratford-upon-Avon seeing a play and staying in a hotel, and one where I am attending a gaming festival (however this finishes at around 6pm so I will probably do some after this.

My work goals are to make sure all of my notes are done (Biology and Chemistry, both AS and A2). I have all my AS Chem done, nearly all A2 Chem, I have literally a few pages of A2 Bio left, and as I AS Bio is my stronger area, I am just creating a large A1 mindmap, covering the whole of AS Bio on this one sheet.

I have all of the Biology and Chemistry past papers printed out and organised into folders; once my notes are done I will read through everything and begin attempting these papers under exam conditions. following this, I will mark them and make flashcards of any questions I got wrong.

In terms of Business (my third A Level), it doesn't require much revision at all as a lot of it is writing skills and common sense (Got an A last year with pretty much no revision).

Sorry for the essay! This is just my plan and I thought I would share as I am currently finding this effective and not overly time consuming. Also I did nothing like this last year and was very slack, hence why I am pushing so hard to try and get A/A* grades all round this year.

Good Luck to everyone taking exams in the next few months:h:

Latest