Hendrix69
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've recently had a medical for the RAF with CAPITA health, it's the second one I've had in the past year (I failed my last application, but passed the medical).

I passed the last medical with no trouble. Everything was fine and I was there for 15 minutes.

This time, I failed. Temporarily unfit for service. But not because I failed any of the tests. My hearing test was fine and I met the requirements. But the doctor looked in my ears and noticed a build up of wax. She told me I was to re-sit the hearing test after having it cleared. I now have 6 weeks according to the RAF to sort this out.

I am happy to sort out the problem - but it just seems unfair that my application is jeopardised and that I have to waste everybodys time by re-sitting this test, when surely I can only improve.

Do you think the RAF will understand/agree with me if I rang and spoke to them. Or would it just be seen as complaining, and either way I am fated to re-take the test?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hendrix69)
Do you think the RAF will understand/agree with me if I rang and spoke to them. Or would it just be seen as complaining, and either way I am fated to re-take the test?
According to the people the RAF have asked to do your medical, you've failed. That is it, as far as they're concerned.
jannisjr
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A mate of mine had the same thing. I got failed first time on blood pressure which I don't have problems with. Very few people get through a CAPITA medical without some sort of hiccup. There's no right of appeal though, so go down to your GP and get your ears flushed and then get a letter proving you've had it done. Send it all back to CAPITA ASAP. Should be an easy fix that one.
GTS1997
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can anyone tell me whether there is a wink test for the airman role? im applying for the role of avionics technician?
Fritz Bollinger
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
May I ask what branch you're applying for?

It's probably not the hearing test that is the problem - they need to be looking at the condition of your ear (and ear drum).

Certainly when I applied (many years before the Capita farce) it stated in the joining instructions for OASC that your ears needed to be clear of wax (ie, sringed) prior to arrival.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.3%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.26%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise