The Modern Right Party! Watch

This discussion is closed.
TIS200
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
This is my 'party' I will be standing as an independent candidate, but don't want to use names

The Tories and Labourites have been ruling Britain for many years, they have wrecked the country, Tories with the NHS and Labour with the economy, because of this you get small parties like UKIP, Greens, SNP picking up votes and therefore holding the balance of power. Would you want a racist party coming in to parliament? An environmentalist party that doesn't really have a clue? Or a Scottish party that would see England sink in to the sea as long as Scotland was safe.

We, the Modern Right Party strive to bring Britain to a modern golden age, we will not use election gimmicks, scape goats to gain votes or coalitions just to get in to power, we will listen to the British Public, adapt our policies to people of ALL class, not just the rich or working class, to all the classes and eliminate unfairness with a way that works for ALL. We will go into the constituencies of England and ask the public what they want and we will mould our policies around that.

Our manifesto is being released soon, and you will be surprised!

Extra information:

We are a centre-right party that bases our policy around the current time and demand. Our base policies are revolved around Conservatism and our base economics are revolved around economic liberalism.

Attached files
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Great spiel. Now, policies?
TIS200
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aph)
Great spiel. Now, policies?

Firstly, thanks for saying that! The policies will be coming in the main manifesto, but I will be analysing the media right now to what people want then forming my ideas around that. I'm a tory myself but I can assure everybody that it will not just be tory policies
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TIS200)
Firstly, thanks for saying that! The policies will be coming in the main manifesto, but I will be analysing the media right now to what people want then forming my ideas around that. I'm a tory myself but I can assure everybody that it will not just be tory policies
So we have a popularist on our hands. Why can't you just stand for what you belive in?
TIS200
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aph)
So we have a popularist on our hands. Why can't you just stand for what you belive in?
I believe not everyone benefits from tory policies, or labour, lib dem, green, SNP etc.. We need to deliver policies that benefit, and suit everyone. Even if it means changing our stances on policies every 6 months etc.

You could just describe us as the Tory party for the common man
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TIS200)
I believe not everyone benefits from tory policies, or labour, lib dem, green, SNP etc.. We need to deliver policies that benefit, and suit everyone. Even if it means changing our stances on policies every 6 months etc.

You could just describe us as the Tory party for the common man
No such set exists.

And the Tory Party is for the common man, that is, the common man who has Tory instincts.
TIS200
Rep:
?
I'm drawing up our main policies right now!

Immigration -
Modern Immigration Policy
Not racist or weak
Choose people by skill (like Australia)
It would be like a trade, we let you live here, so you pay us back by either doing community service style work, or finding work
If you are found to not be working, you shall be deported.
If you are thought to pose a threat to British society (example Islamic State and other terrorist groups, you will be deported)
Immediate referendum on the EU, why should the people wait? Also, we will NOT be pulling out straight away, we understand what the economic issues could be, so we should leave the vote to the people.

Taxes & Economy -
Lower taxes on alcohol and tobacco (subsequently more business for pubs, re-opening pubs)
Increase VAT, bit by bit, not too high.
Lower tuition fees (not a lot, but to make it affordable)
Eradicate the deficit in a paced speed, not making as many cuts like the Tories, but surely getting in to the black
Legalise weed - that goes against right policies, but it could bring in money to the system as use as a more wide spread use as medicine
Highly enforce greener cars (to support the current environmentalist drive)
Erect more wind mills and enforce solar panels (we are running out of fossil fuels and need to pace ourselves)
Lower inheritance tax
Higher fuel tax (in aid of electric cars)

NHS -
Commit an extra £2.25bn to the fund thanks to new taxes like the fuel tax (more than the Tories and a bit less than Labour)
Make sure some of this extra funding goes towards better mental health treatment
Stop privatisation completely. Will allow charities to run NHS services.
More advertisments - STI's, Smoking, Alcohol, Mental health etc

security & foreign affairs -
Hold an immediate referendum. If the answer is NO, we will look for a massive reform and get more powers back from Brussels
Replace trident slowly
Foreign aid to 1% of GDP. (not very popular right now, but why should other people starve because of us being selfish?

Jobs -
Cap the number of zero hours jobs to 50% of what it is now.
Campaign for apprenticeships
Promote more environmental jobs - engineering greener power sources, farming, growing etc
Make sure disabled people have choice to get a job, working from home as an office job maybe for govt

Education -
Enforce academies still
Lock the education budget from cuts, hey, education is the starting point of the world?
Dissolve PE into two subjects, Outdoor Sports or Gym/Dieting. (not everybody likes PE in this day and age)
Lower university tuition fees to an affordable amount
Allow 16 and 17 year olds to vote, but make sure that they have a subject called 'Politics' in lessons

Housing -
Build 225,000 more council homes, with a Margaret Thatcher style buy scheme. If you've been living in a home for over 25 years and the council want to knock it down, you might want to buy it?

Law and order -
Legalise weed
Do not repeal the Human Rights act
Decriminalise prostitution, but make a time limit starting at 10pm, so most young peoples under the age of 18 are not affected.

Benefits and Poverty-
Raise the personal allowance
Decrease the bedroom tax (maybe later on, axe it)
Free TV license for people under 25 and over 70.
Energy bills decreased for pensioners over 70.
People can work as long as they can until they deem themselves unfit (why should the govt tell them they are too old?)
Slightly raise child benefit
Slightly decrease unemployment benefit

This is a bit of a mashup of policies on all political sides. That's populism for you.
I do not want an argument, if I fall out of the competition then that's okay. I just want your opinions and not sarcasm?
TIS200
Rep:
?
(Original post by KingStannis)
No such set exists.

And the Tory Party is for the common man, that is, the common man who has Tory instincts.
I am a Tory liker, that is it. Even I can see, right now they have been going for the more privileged few (that's how I think Ed Balls put it a bit back) than the many.
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,

To continue on in the Political Party Contest, parties and independent candidates must meet all the requirements posted each week in the main thread. Unfortunately, your party has not fulfilled all the necessary requirements. It is understood that life can get in the way of lengthy competitions like these. However, that does mean that you do not qualify for the next rounds, and that your thread will hereby be locked.

We thank you for your interest and participation. There will be other events in the future, and we hope to see you in one or more of those!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.18%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.41%
Not great so far... (251)
35.65%
I want to drop out! (132)
18.75%

Watched Threads