New-found respect for Ed Miliband Watch

JuliusDS92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I hadn't really seen much of Miliband on air before but I seriously respect the spirit and strength of character which he exhibited yesterday. It takes real "toughness" (a word everyone in the studio seemed fixated on) to deal with the personal remarks he took from the audience and the interviewers (and which he is subjected to from the media and the public at large) and I admire his refusal to let Paxman intimidate him.

Kay Burley really turned my stomach.

I lost quite a bit of respect for Jeremy Paxman as well, whom I usually like. Even the audience was turning against him at the end. Even his "are you okay" question at the end came across a bit like an attempt to reinstate some sense of being on top of Miliband despite the fact that Miliband **** all over him.
William Pitt
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Miliband will be the next PM.
username878267
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Paxman didn't ask a single question about the NHS to Cameron and rather than asking Ed questions of substance he kept referring to his brother, or 'some guy on the tube didn't like you.' Then the patronizing 'are you okay' at the end. Then Kay Burley barely said anything to Cameron but regularly stuck the knife into Milliband.
Disgraceful bias.
Still Milliband came out on top, he's a fighter.
JuliusDS92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Bornblue)
Paxman didn't ask a single question about the NHS to Cameron and rather than asking Ed questions of substance he kept referring to his brother, or 'some guy on the tube didn't like you.' Then the patronizing 'are you okay' at the end. Then Kay Burley barely said anything to Cameron but regularly stuck the knife into Milliband.
Disgraceful bias.
Still Milliband came out on top, he's a fighter.
Exactly.

Paxman: People think you're a geek!
Miliband: Who cares?

Milibans 1-0 Paxman.
username878267
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JuliusDS92)
Exactly.

Paxman: People think you're a geek!
Miliband: Who cares?

Milibans 1-0 Paxman.
Paxman massively let his pro-tory views come out.
He asked Milliband stupid questions and then interrupted him as he answered them. Loved it when Ed told him to back down.
User1824259
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol. Ed Miliband, the next saviour of the country.
Dilmurod Dilmu
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He stills looks like wallace, and talks as if he's going to sneeze though.
chocolate hottie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by William Pitt)
Miliband will be the next PM.
You could be right!

But if so, in the immortal words of the Sun, could the last person to leave the country turn the lights off?
username878267
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can say as someone who's met him and been to see him speak a few times, he comes across so much better when the media aren't telling us what to think. He's confident, caring and also quite funny.
It was shown last night, especially how he fought back against Tory Paxman.
Olie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dilmurod Dilmu)
He stills looks like wallace, and talks as if he's going to sneeze though.
But in the words of the man himself, who cares?
Dilmurod Dilmu
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Olie)
But in the words of the man himself, who cares?
Me.

And many many more people who've bought it up.
jackmichaeljmh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Completely agree. Usually I like paxman but he disgraced himself last night. Asks Cameron about how he eats his cereal then tells Miliband that everyone prefers his brother. That wasn't politics, it was bullying.

PS, I've never liked kay burley anyway so she annoyed me before saying a word
Captain Haddock
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Me.

Tell me you're not old enough to vote. It'll help me sleep at night.
hdindak
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
same! def a better guy with a more equal outlook
hdindak
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Me.

exemplification of the shallow, fickle, superficial british public
BreakingRise
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have a mentor who told me that his good friend, who knows the Milibands well, said the reason why labour went for Ed over David is that they believed that David would do anything to become prime minister while Ed would hold his moral ground. Interesting I thought.
illegaltobepoor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BreakingRise)
Have a mentor who told me that his good friend, who knows the Milibands well, said the reason why labour went for Ed over David is that they believed that David would do anything to become prime minister while Ed would hold his moral ground. Interesting I thought.
I pray that Ed gets in. Some of us Christians/Jews believe we are entering a transition period of the blood moon triad. I hope G-d makes it certain that Ed is the man to lead our nation. We need a man of strong moral conviction to lead us in difficult times. We need a kingdom that is united and not divided because a nation of unity stays together and a divided kingdom falls apart during times of chaos.
young_guns
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bornblue)
I can say as someone who's met him and been to see him speak a few times, he comes across so much better when the media aren't telling us what to think. He's confident, caring and also quite funny.
Isn't that almost a word-for-word copy of what I wrote on another thread?
Birkenhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BreakingRise)
Also complete *******s. Ed won because he won the votes of almost every trade union after persuading them that he was more left-wing than his brother.
username878267
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Birkenhead)
Also complete *******s. Ed won because he won the votes of almost every trade union after persuading them that he was more left-wing than his brother.
So Ed won because he got more votes. I don't see anything wrong. The votes weren't from trade unions, they were from trade unionists. Ordinary people,ordinary workers.
It was 5 years ago, Ed won, get over it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (65)
66.33%
No I haven't decided yet (20)
20.41%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
13.27%

Watched Threads