Happyminion
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Basically I asked my sixth form if I could stay on an extra year and do some more a levels only the Btec ones so I can gain more skills and knowledge and I got told I can't because of the funding - that being there is none for year 14s however at another academy which we are joint to they have said I can stay on another year, this means I have to enroll there instead of my current sixth form. (It's a joint academy system)

however if people fail their first year they can stay on an extra two years and become year 14s... To me when I'm getting A*s and I can't stay on and others getting u's can I don't feel it is fair.... I want to report it to an education people but don't know who or what...
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's most likely to do with the fact that in your situation, you'll already have a level 3 qualification, and most likely you won't be doing three new or continuing subjects, so there will be no funding for you. But there's no point doing a third year unless you completely failed your first AS year tbh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed