The Student Room Group

Lads holiday 2015

Hello, I'm currently in the early stages of planning a lads holiday for this year. I Will be 17 when we go and there will be a pretty even split 17/18 year olds going, so keep that in mind. Just a few questions that will help me plan my holiday:
1- Where is the best spot for our first lads holiday? (Remember some people will be 17)
2- how much spending money per day would be recomended?
3- how many people would you recomend inviting?
4- have you got any tips on organising/ going on your first lads holiday?

thanks for the help!
Reply 1
I organised my lads holiday for three of us this year its my first so cant say i have much experience haha. We're gone to magaluf but it was a between maga, malia and sunny beach.

Im thinking of takin about €700 should be enough for 7 says i hope. There isnt a max amount of people to go really is there...just ask people who you think will want to go, will have the money to go and not cause any hassle

Only tip would be is get everyone 2getha and discuss options and make the destination choice together.
you will probs meet over groups out there too so your group can also get bigger which is a good thing.
what dates you thinking of gone?
Good luck :smile:
I went on a lads holiday to amsterdam...

Damn I don't know how I made it back...I felt so stupid when I got home...
Anywhere you go with your mates on a lads holiday you will have fun.
£50 per day would be more than enough I would suggest, a little more if you do stuff in the day.
Being 17 won't matter at all in terms of ID, not required anywhere you will be going.

Malia, Zante, Magaluf will most probably fit your requirements. I have been to Sunny Beach in 2011 and it was fun, and Albufeira in Portugal which was a bit of a toned down version of the aforementioned (which is what we were after). Far fewer British lads in Portugal as well.

And the more of you that go the better!
(edited 8 years ago)
Again I also have little experience in lads holidays as we've just booked up for our first one this year. We are going to Magaluf and there is mixture of us between 17 and 18. As for spending money we are looking to taking around 700 euros. Your best bet is to make it your priority and organise with the lads the dates hotel etc. Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
See when everyone is available and then look up prices! I wouldn't rate maga as a decent lads holiday destination as it has become such a cockfest and the price has went up a lot there! Greece offers a few good lads holiday resorts.. I'd recommend malia.. It's a smaller resort than the likes of maga but has been pumping the last few summers! Sunny beach has become really popular and is a lot cheaper than the rest and finally you wouldn't go wrong with San Antonio in ibiza

Overall considering your age id recommend malia.. You will get a good deal from most uk airports on Thomas Cook 18-30 club. Bring about 500 euro for the week. Bigger groups get better deals on the strip for meals and drinks promos in bars
Reply 6
Sunny beach is very cheap and popular destination. You will not have a problem with underage or police there. You can drink and do whatever you want to. In Sunny beach with around 200 euros for one week you can spend a great vacation. bed is like 10 euros per night and everything else is also very cheap and good.
Reply 7
I went to Malia when I was 17 for a week and it was brilliant! I went to Ayia Napa the following year and it didn't come close. I spent about £600 but I did have to pay £100 for using the medical centre. You can make it so much cheaper than we did as we were a small group but bigger groups got way better deals.

Quick Reply