Political Science/ Intenational Politics Watch

Miakaavanah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi! I'm trying to decide my IB subject for next year and I'm really confused... I love science but I adore politics too so I want to keep my options open. Would these subjects be fine?
Biology HL
Chemistry HL
Psychology HL
Maths SL
French B SL
English language and literature SL

Thanks very much in advance for your help!
Mia
KA1995
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think so, I've just started a Social and Political Sciences degree with A levels in English, Biology and Chemistry
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There are almost never any subject specific requirements for a politics degree (though you might find a couple that want an essay based subject at IB). Certainly you won't need to study politics as part of your IB.

Just make sure your subjects fulfill any requirements for science and you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
sydneybridge
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
All top Uni will insist on at least one essay subject (ie. English or Psychology), but they wont expect you to have studied a social science before.

Lots of advice here about apply for Politics : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Politics_Degree
Miakaavanah
Rep:
?
(Original post by KA1995)
I think so, I've just started a Social and Political Sciences degree with A levels in English, Biology and Chemistry
Thanks for your answer!
Miakaavanah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Origami Bullets)
There are almost never any subject specific requirements for a politics degree (though you might find a couple that want an essay based subject at IB). Certainly you won't need to study politics as part of your IB.

Just make sure your subjects fulfill any requirements for science and you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks very much for your advice this really helped!
Miakaavanah
Rep:
?
(Original post by sydneybridge)
All top Uni will insist on at least one essay subject (ie. English or Psychology), but they wont expect you to have studied a social science before.

Lots of advice here about apply for Politics : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Politics_Degree
Thanks very much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads