kjjmurphy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Does anyone have any idea about the grade boundaries for the Chemistry Core Science ISA (AQA)? I've recently done mine, and overall got 46/50 (19/20 paper 1, 27/30 paper 2). Also, I'm pretty clueless when i comes to the ISA system, what do they mean? Do we do one for each course? etc, any info will be much appreciated!
Primrose_Kitten
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Firstly- excellent work!!! Those are great results!

I'm assuming your teacher has marked these and given you the results, so this is where I put a slight downer on things. This result will have to be moderated by the exam board (they check a few papers for each school and can change how the teachers give grades) so the result may go up or down.

We don't know what the grade boundaries are until they are published after the exams, but last year 44/50 was an A*

The ISA is 25% of your GCSE, so depending on how many science GCSE'S you're sitting will determine the number of ISAs you sit. Triple students will need 3, double 2, single 1.
AdamCee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kjjmurphy)
Does anyone have any idea about the grade boundaries for the Chemistry Core Science ISA (AQA)? I've recently done mine, and overall got 46/50 (19/20 paper 1, 27/30 paper 2). Also, I'm pretty clueless when i comes to the ISA system, what do they mean? Do we do one for each course? etc, any info will be much appreciated!
A* - 96 UMS iirc was last year. This year will almost certainly be very close.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (130)
64.36%
No I haven't decided yet (43)
21.29%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed