Moving from England to Northern Ireland permanently before course starts. Watch

Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm moving from England to Northern Ireland at the start of next year and I have a question about who to apply to regarding student finance for a course starting later that year in September 2016.

I've previously had some funding from Student Finance England for a course I withdrew from in 2008 so I spoke to them and the person there said if I'm planning on relocating for good, I won't be able to get any funding from them, which makes sense I suppose, but also that I'd not get anything from Student Finance N.I until I've been living there for three years.

This seems strange as the N.I website states I need to be living in the UK for the previous 3 years, which England is obviously in so I'm not sure who to trust.

Any ideas what the right answer is? Does moving six months before my course stop me from getting funding from both parties or what?

It's kind of putting a massive downer on the move as a whole to be honest.

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
new posts
to top
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.


University open days

  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
They might tell the bully (32)
I don't think they'd understand (50)
It might lead to more bullying (124)
There's nothing they could do (101)

Watched Threads

View All