The Student Room Group

Educational stress

Has the stress of exams hit you yet?
last time it hit me, I actually broke down into tears for a good 2 hours. This was like GCSE period.

Idk, I haven't yet reached that point but it's definitely pending lol
I'm getting there too! I've noticed that I've been grinding my teeth which happens when I'm stressed lol I had to get a gum-guard during the GCSE exam period because I'd wake up with a headache everyday... I had a breakdown about a week ago, it was terrible. I'm in the same messy scenario as I was with my GCSEs, except this time I need to learn all of my subjects rather than two. :eek:
It hit me the start of this month when I was starting to plan my revision timetable. The stress gets to me alot :frown:
Reply 3
loooool if you guys get stressed over gcses which compared to a levels are very easy (not saying gcses are easy and your brain isn't as developed that age anyway) but you guys will poo yourself during a level, get stress execema, head aches etc. But after those 2 years of hell you will be fine :smile:
Original post by kumon
loooool if you guys get stressed over gcses which compared to a levels are very easy (not saying gcses are easy and your brain isn't as developed that age anyway) but you guys will poo yourself during a level, get stress execema, head aches etc. But after those 2 years of hell you will be fine :smile:

Gcse stress had me thinking of dropping out. A level stress has me thinking of suicide :frown:
Surprisingly no...

I thought uni would stress me the hell out, but the amount of time I get given to do my work and revise for exams is a lot. Only a fool would be left stressed after having weeks on end to revise haha. Stress does nothing but cause more problems for you. If it's really serious, get some help or talk to someone :smile:
Original post by Novascope
Surprisingly no...

I thought uni would stress me the hell out, but the amount of time I get given to do my work and revise for exams is a lot. Only a fool would be left stressed after having weeks on end to revise haha. Stress does nothing but cause more problems for you. If it's really serious, get some help or talk to someone :smile:

Clearly not human
No stress for GCSE's after all the content can be condensed down into 50 page revision guides. I remember the stress for AS though, rightly so. Came out with 2B's and 2 U's :lol:
Original post by Chellecharity
Clearly not human

Lol no. Just reached to the point where I've realised that stressing is silly.
Reply 9
Obviously yes but what is crying going to do? The problem will still be there. There are many more things in the future that are going to be way more scary and stressful.
Reply 10
Original post by Chellecharity
Gcse stress had me thinking of dropping out. A level stress has me thinking of suicide :frown:

It wont :lol: If you work from early on (from the holidays) you will be fine or like me cram like hell in the last 3 months.
Exam stress has never affected me. I'll be doing GCSEs soon, not really revised at all for them yet, still chilled.

People crying over exams and mentally breaking confuses and sometimes amuses me.
No I am not experiencing stress like GCSE's at all! Which is funny because little innocent me felt like her life was ruined forever if she didn't achieve a straight line of A*'s. I stressed myself out a lot but the teachers stressed me out far more, half a syllabus not taught here, coursework not marked there...ughh it was an awful,awful time, I don't wish to experience it ever again plus I hate half the teachers in that school, they could die for all I care...awful,awful human beings. I did learn a lesson after GCSE's, I learnt that life is not full of sunshine and rainbows and that you will probably encounter worse stress and disappointment in life so toughen up and deal with it. That's probably why I am not that stressed!
(edited 9 years ago)
My uni exams are stressing me out, but I think group coursework when you have a **** group stresses me out more :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest