yayyyyyyy well done,:-)
Cheers!
weera1992
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi everyone!

I'm just about to send my application off (late I know!) and got an email from admissions saying that the Primary (5-11) years course code is 2MBV, when I search on UCAS the only course is called General Primary and the course code is X104... Confusing. Would you guys mind telling me what course code/ course name you applied for?

Thanks!
anna_92
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by weera1992)
Hi everyone!

I'm just about to send my application off (late I know!) and got an email from admissions saying that the Primary (5-11) years course code is 2MBV, when I search on UCAS the only course is called General Primary and the course code is X104... Confusing. Would you guys mind telling me what course code/ course name you applied for?

Thanks!
Heyyy i applied using the x104 code on UCAS for General primary but anything I have received from the uni has said Primary (5-11) so maybe the title/ucas code has changed and just not updated on UCAS. I'd maybe just email the admissions department again and get confirmation of which course you should apply to but i'd probably go for the course code that the admissions department have given you. Good luck with your application!
anna_92
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kwhite7)
Hi all have you all received your welcome booklet? How are you doing with finding a work experience placement?
Is the welcome booklet just the email that the uni sent with like reading lists and offer letter?
weera1992
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by anna_92)
Heyyy i applied using the x104 code on UCAS for General primary but anything I have received from the uni has said Primary (5-11) so maybe the title/ucas code has changed and just not updated on UCAS. I'd maybe just email the admissions department again and get confirmation of which course you should apply to but i'd probably go for the course code that the admissions department have given you. Good luck with your application!

Thank you!
kwhite7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is the welcome booklet just the email that the uni sent with like reading lists and offer letter?
Yes, that sounds like the one. It also says we have to do a week's observation in a primary school beforehand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hana&feather
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am confused by the observation and pre-course assignment - are we supposed to follow one class (and gather materials on one child for the assignment), or are we supposed to see different classes across ks1 and 2?
kwhite7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hana&feather)
I am confused by the observation and pre-course assignment - are we supposed to follow one class (and gather materials on one child for the assignment), or are we supposed to see different classes across ks1 and 2?
I think it's one class. It says to observe a child over a longer period in the context you're working. Assuming you are currently working with children! I will be observing a child during my one week's obs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hana&feather
Rep:
?
(Original post by kwhite7)
I think it's one class. It says to observe a child over a longer period in the context you're working. Assuming you are currently working with children! I will be observing a child during my one week's obs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you - now just need to find somewhere that'll take me!
kwhite7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you - now just need to find somewhere that'll take me!
I know...considering it's late in the year. But I emailed loads and one got back to me with a yes! Good luck.
anna_92
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey I'm going to be doing my classroom experience next week and on the welcome information I've got from the uni it says guidelines detailing how the student teacher should spend their time are enclosed but then the only information I have is the essay title. Does anyone know are there specific things we have to do while in the school or just observe in order to write this essay? Also is anyone moving to London/live in London and have any advice on accommodation?
hana&feather
Rep:
?
Hey I'm going to be doing my classroom experience next week and on the welcome information I've got from the uni it says guidelines detailing how the student teacher should spend their time are enclosed but then the only information I have is the essay title. Does anyone know are there specific things we have to do while in the school or just observe in order to write this essay? Also is anyone moving to London/live in London and have any advice on accommodation?
They have just emailed me yesterday a separate guidance on school observation. A LOT of activities/ items they want. Ask Kathryn to send you one, or pm me your email I can fwd mine to you.

I am still trying to find somewhere to do the experience!
anna_92
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They have just emailed me yesterday a separate guidance on school observation. A LOT of activities/ items they want. Ask Kathryn to send you one, or pm me your email I can fwd mine to you.

I am still trying to find somewhere to do the experience!

Ahh ok thanks i'll take another look and email tomorrow if I don't have it. Yeah it was difficult enough to get experience so late in the year but I'm sure you will find somewhere
anna_92
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anybody have any idea of our start date? Also for the observation week do we send the form we get signed and stamped by the school to the uni or do we keep it and hand it in with out pre course assignment?
hana&feather
Rep:
?
Does anybody have any idea of our start date? Also for the observation week do we send the form we get signed and stamped by the school to the uni or do we keep it and hand it in with out pre course assignment?
she said w/c 7 September but not given us the exact date yet.
hana&feather
Rep:
?
Hi all just wondering how did everyone's observation went? I'm doing it one day a week and my first day this week just was just a daze! I find it had to fit in all the 'activities' in the booklet as there isn't much time to discuss anything in depth with the teacher (nice as she is she's incredibly busy), although I did have a lot of hands-on opportunities so that was great.
kwhite7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I finish my observation week tomorrow. The questions related to the school environment etc were harder to complete as as you said teachers are busy. But if you ask the office they can tell you about after school clubs etc. I found a lot of relevant information in the school's OFSTED report.
Easymaths7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello to all !! I have got my placement with LSBU Primary PGCE with Mathematics, very happy! It was my 4th interview and I have learned a lot. Although I have passed both of my QTS, I found all interviews very difficult and challenging! Thoroughly enjoyed our presentation on 5 min lesson !! Would be happy to join your group on face book, if such!
kwhite7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Here's the fb group link...congrats! https://www.facebook.com/groups/397451527106247/ hope the link works because I had a hard time joining the group as I couldn't find it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London South Bank University
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (219)
53.41%
18-20 years old (no) (53)
12.93%
20-25 years old (yes) (64)
15.61%