KaylaB
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm doing my AS levels at the moment and I am really enjoying Chemistry, and just generally find it a cool interesting subject. So I am considering studying Chemistry at university, but I couldn't really think of very many career options which would arise from this.
My other subjects are Maths, Philosophy and History, and was considering even doing a Chemistry-Maths joint degree. Previously I was always set on wanting to do Computer Science, however I want to do something that I really enjoy and like doing for the next 4 years. So what kind of career options are there for a chemistry degree, and if any of you have done/are doing a chemistry degree what is it like & do you enjoy it?
William Turtle
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Applications of chemistry in industry is a huge area - almost any industry you can think of needs chemists for something or other. Food, materials, pharmaceuticals, to name an obvious few.

You'd also be able to go into more non-degree-specific areas, like financial services, legal fields, accountancy... Really, you wouldn't be limited for things to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (130)
64.36%
No I haven't decided yet (43)
21.29%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.36%

Watched Threads