kellydental12
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I have received a conditional offer from Portsmouth for September 2015 start and I am interesting in meeting others in a similar place. Would be great to chat before we start so excited about this ))))
Amyshickers
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hiya. I've received a conditional offer from Portsmouth too and I have put it as my firm choice on UCAS. I'm so excited. When was your interview and how did you find it? x
kellydental12
Rep:
?
Hi I haven't firmed yet only because I'm awaiting another decision! I'm 100% gonna firm Portsmouth when I can on ucas! I found the interview really laid back and informal and I thought it was a really nice process to be honest and am over the moon I have an offer. My offer was conditional so I have to pass my access course with distinction which is hopefully ok as I only have two assignments left and I've done it what was ur offer? Can't wait to start, how much do u know about the course/timetable xx
Amyshickers
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why have you gotta get distinctions? I'm in exactly the same boat but I have to get merits in all assignments but like you only have a few left. I know absolutely nothing about the course. I was hoping you'd be able to shed some light. Do you know anyone else that's starting? Where are you gonna live? X
kellydental12
Rep:
?
Hey no I don't know anyone else yet, but hopefully they will join in on here I only know the basics about the course and I work with a hygienist/therapist who trained there so will dig some more I have been looking at places but I'll be moving with my partner and children so will probably rent a house nearby I think! How about you? Xx
Rachelturford
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi guys, I have also received a conditional offer from Portsmouth and it will be my firm choice. I am currently looking into accommodation and not really sure whether to go into halls or student housing.. Please let me know your plans.

Rachel
Amyshickers
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hiya Rachel. Congrats on your offer. I have been to view a really nice flat in Southsea which is 4 bedrooms and £125 a week. It's brand new and had a morrisons and tesco express outside and is less than 10 min walk to dental academy. Email me your details if you'd like me to send info to you x
Rachelturford
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ohh sounds good! What is your email address? X
TruptiG
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi!!

I have just across your post. I am very keen on studying the Dental hygienist degree at Portsmouth. I haven't yet applied, long story as I have a place at another uni but have changed my mind now...etc.
Would you be able to tell me a bit about your interview process & the staff. Was it quite easy for did you have to prepare a presentation and a talk for interview (I read somewhere). Also have you guys had the meet & greet day for the course? At the uni I was thinking of going to has had one and it was really nice to get to know other students on the course. Do you know when the 1st day of the Uni, have they mentioned the start day or timetable (whether lectures are 3-4 days a week)
I have done an access course as well:-)

Many thanks,

Trupti
neza99
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
May i ask what A level grades did guys get?
Skettch123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
have you had a interview from Portsmouth before and how do they go about it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.3%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.09%
Not great so far... (257)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.72%

Watched Threads