lauren54321
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
ok so basically i'm DEFinitely going to end up doing a law conversion course after my undergrad degree but i dont want to do law straight away because apparently its best to do a different degree anyway, i was wondering if anyone studies liberal arts/combined honours at durham/kings/ucl and if they think this is a good undergrad for before a GDL? also I'm a bit worried..do you think these degrees are regarded as highly as a degree such as history for example? thank you x
busy.izzy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi- I study the Arts and Sciences degree at UCL and I would say that a course like mine would naturally lead into a number of careers- especially ones like law! My course is very highly regarded and I wouldn't worry about other people's perceptions of it- in the end universities like UCL, Durham and Kings do not give out degrees that are not rigorous!
lauren54321
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
thanks for your reply! do you think people do have bad perceptions of it? would you recommend the degree or would you say that it would be better to do a single honours?
busy.izzy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think people who actually know what we are doing have bad perceptions- generally I find people really respect what we are doing and admire it But I would prepare yourself for some confusion from some people (but don't worry- these people tend not to be worth it anyway!) employers, other universities, lectures etc all think it is a good thing to be doing Arts and Sciences at UCL in particular is being copied by universities across the country! So, yes I would definitely recommend this degree It gives you the ability to mix and match what you are doing but you still end up with a great depth of knowledge from your option modules and from the core modules. For example, I have studied two economics modules, philosophy, psychology and the core modules (where we learn about evolution, research, post-modernism etc etc etc!) And this was only my first year! For you there are also law modules which I am sure are great which you would study along side law students and history modules which you would study with history students You study the core modules with the fellow BASCers so there is still a sense of community on the core (we have a pretty awesome common room too!) In the end it comes down to what you prefer- if you want to study the liberal arts/ Arts and Sciences- go for it! People will respect what you are doing If you have any other questions about the liberal arts, my course in particular or UCL- feel free to ask
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (144)
60.25%
No I haven't decided yet (54)
22.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (41)
17.15%

Watched Threads