Why do people leave so many racist comments on YouTube? Watch

vanessanoelle
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Ever time I watch rap videos, there are always a bunch of white people talking about how blacks need to go back to Africa. I was watching this video of two black babies and people in the comments were saying stuff like "n******* shouldnt reproduce" it was so bad. Even when it's a video of black women fighting , people call them apes and whatnot.

However, when it's a white person, there are almost never any racist comments. I never see them getting told to go back to Europe.
German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Racism exist everywhere unfortunately.
DiddyDec
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it is mainly for shock factor. I don't believe that most of them actually hold racist views. It is like telling someone they can't do something so they find a way to do it just because they can.

They can't say these sort of things in real life so they say them online.
User1824259
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Go to white rappers videos.
A Mysterious Lord
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Happens on a lot of videos, it's an anonymous forum so people troll
lavender_rose
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vanessanoelle)
Ever time I watch rap videos, there are always a bunch of white people talking about how blacks need to go back to Africa. I was watching this video of two black babies and people in the comments were saying stuff like "n******* shouldnt reproduce" it was so bad. Even when it's a video of black women fighting , people call them apes and whatnot.

However, when it's a white person, there are almost never any racist comments. I never see them getting told to go back to Europe.
You are sooo right. Sometimes the comments on YT videos scare me because I didn't know racism was still as big as a problem as it is. The way I think about it, those people are just pathetic cowards hiding behind computer screens. Don't give them a second thought.
al_94
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We have to understand that racism is still very much in society its just that people don't say it in public but online people are open because they are anonymous.
redleader1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can't they get into trouble for doing that ? I see it a lot on football videos. I would have thought something would happen ? You hear it all the time on twitter, so and so is in trouble for whatever. So why not youtube ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
MikeManc1000
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vanessanoelle)

As a black man - There is nothing a white person can say to me what would offend me. There are things they could do, but nothing they could say. So when I look at racist internet keyboard warriors trying to sound tough from behind a screen. I dont even give it the time of day.

All black people have to be professional soldiers when it comes racism. That is, a professional soldier patrolling the streets of Afganistan will most likely be getting called all sorts by the locals, but they don't move a muscle and they just carry on patrolling.

However should anyone attack them, then they will put that down quickly. And that's my motto. Also as black people we have to be careful because should you react to what a white person says, they will go straight into VICTIM MODE

"Oh I did mean it like that. my friends are black, no honest, I was just jpking"

Then you will look like the bad person and the white person will look like the innocent party. I learned that at school. When black people reacted and the black person was the one who got punished

DON'T LET WHITE PEOPLE (NOT ALL) RUN THAT GAME ON YOU

Be like a professional soldier.
vanessanoelle
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by MikeManc1000)
As a black man - There is nothing a white person can say to me what would offend me. There are things they could do, but nothing they could say. So when I look at racist internet keyboard warriors trying to sound tough from behind a screen. I dont even give it the time of day.

All black people have to be professional soldiers when it comes racism. That is, a professional soldier patrolling the streets of Afganistan will most likely be getting called all sorts by the locals, but they don't move a muscle and they just carry on patrolling.

However should anyone attack them, then they will put that down quickly. And that's my motto. Also as black people we have to be careful because should you react to what a white person says, they will go straight into VICTIM MODE

"Oh I did mean it like that. my friends are black, no honest, I was just jpking"

Then you will look like the bad person and the white person will look like the innocent party. I learned that at school. When black people reacted and the black person was the one who got punished

DON'T LET WHITE PEOPLE (NOT ALL) RUN THAT GAME ON YOU

Be like a professional soldier.

Thank you ! I agree we have to be strong
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (53)
25.6%
No (154)
74.4%

Watched Threads