Are stretch-marks an issue Watch

Chellecharity
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
One of my friends told me that she dislikes wearing swimwear as it reveals her strerchmarks which she really hates

girls, is stretch marks one if your insecurities ?
guys, are they that much of a big deal to you

*disclaimer
i personally have learnt to somehow accept mine as a sign of my curves
Hunnybeebee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(In my opinion) stretchmarks aren't a 'bad' thing, if anything, someone accepting them and being proud of them is something I would admire. Stretchmarks aren't signs of anyone being overweight blah blah blah, they happen :-)
muna88
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Use cononut oil

Posted from TSR Mobile
User1443542
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I empathise with your friend, even though I'm a guy. I've got plenty of stretch marks from my growth spurts, I'm 6'2.5'', and because I've got a lot more scars beside from sports and other injuries and accidents, I'm not a big fan of wearing certain things, because my scars and marks are on show. End of the day, I just have to embrace the fact that most people would probably be in the same position as me, had they gone through as much stuff as me.

So to answer the op, they aren't a big deal for me, most people probably have something similar which they don't want people to see.
Bunny2014
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i have stretch marks on my upper thighs which is a little weird and on my bottom :L and i find it very horrible looking
Belvitaaa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have pink stretch marks on my inner thighs and love handles, but they're not that big a deal. I don't feel insecure or ugly having them, regardless of what others think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
CeeDixon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chellecharity)
One of my friends told me that she dislikes wearing swimwear as it reveals her strerchmarks which she really hates

girls, is stretch marks one if your insecurities ?
guys, are they that much of a big deal to you

*disclaimer
i personally have learnt to somehow accept mine as a sign of my curves
I only have slight stretch marks on the tops of my thighs and a few on my bum, but they're kind of silver/white? So I can't really see them anyway! I don't see them as an issue, I know I'm not overweight or anything. Stretch marks are not always a sign of being overweight. It's just overstretched skin that has occurred during growth spurts! I'm very curvy around my hips, but my waist is really small. Depends on your figure, but they are not something to be embarrassed about
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I dont have any but I don't think I would care, you can't help them and they're not exactly uncommon!
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not really a big deal no. I couldn't care less about mine. I don't even think about them.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Feeling insecure about stretch marks is stupid, in my opinion. Practically everyone has them.
VannR
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Big red/purple ones might be a bit of an eyesore, but apart from that its not really an issue. Light ones are not even noticeable.

I say this as someone with experience of both, from recent lifting and being overweight as a prepubescent.
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Makes no difference.
GentlemanBastard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Im a guy and nope, not an issue
Dinaa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i have them on my hips.

used to care.

idc no more.

foh
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If a girl asks you what you think about her stretch marks, be honest with her and tell her that you're not bothered by them

Just reassure her that a lot of people them - tell her where you have them, if you have them, and that you're not worried that she'll think badly of of you, and that you appreciate that she wants to look perfect and you're happy with how beautiful she is.
Snuffleq
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Feeling insecure about stretch marks is stupid, in my opinion. Practically everyone has them.
Really... *facepalmn* Gosh I am naive I thought you err only got stretch marks if you were pregnant. Then again I am short which is probably why I have none.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads