ecommie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've gotten acceptances from both, but I can't decide which school to choose. I am familiar that Queen's has a much better business program than McGill, academically speaking, but I am also aware that McGill has a better international reputation. I wish to attend law school in the states post-graduation and I've heard people say that universities in the states prefer McGill students. Is this true? Will I have a higher chance of getting into an american law school at McGill than if I attend Queens? I would appreciate any feedback or comments!
zero_gravity
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ecommie)
I've gotten acceptances from both, but I can't decide which school to choose. I am familiar that Queen's has a much better business program than McGill, academically speaking, but I am also aware that McGill has a better international reputation. I wish to attend law school in the states post-graduation and I've heard people say that universities in the states prefer McGill students. Is this true? Will I have a higher chance of getting into an american law school at McGill than if I attend Queens? I would appreciate any feedback or comments!
Yes, you are correct. Queen's is regarded as having a better business program in Canada, but if you do intend to go abroad to work, then McGill would be a better option, given its reputation. However, if you were to apply for law school (depends on which ones you intend to apply to), the reputation of the university you choose would not be a significant factor for admission, provided that you have an excellent academic record with a good LSAT score and references.

It is true that people in the US do recognize McGill more than Queen's and that might work to your advantage, but at the end of the day, your GPA will be more important than the university that you choose.
seanster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Queen's has a really good reputation in Canada so does McGill but McGill has a way better international reputation.
yousuf5465
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, can you please tell me your GCSE and AS/A level results and what are the requirements in Canada for top business undergraduate programs.
Nebclarke
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, congrats! I've been thinking about studying in Canada but I'm not sure how I'd afford it. Did you receive financial aid etc or are you paying for it all yourself? Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
3.85%
They might tell the bully (5)
9.62%
I don't think they'd understand (9)
17.31%
It might lead to more bullying (19)
36.54%
There's nothing they could do (17)
32.69%

Watched Threads