Do you think Stalin was really a dictator? Watch

DaniilKaya
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Because history is a dangerous tool that can manipulate western mind. There is no evidence at all, that Stalin personally gave orders for the genocide.

Russia was fighting 80% of Nazis, and at the end, US joined the war and finally finished off the Nazis with a little D-Day landing. While Russia was already nearly Berlin. This fact would gave Russia an immortal reputation around the world as a Hero nation. However for the West it was not the image they want to see in Russia right? So they twist the history, faking it. I recently bought a history book published by an English historian in 1965 and it only talks about the western allies, but there is no word about the biggest conributor - Russia (80%)

SO why Russia is the most hated country for liberal gayropeans?
MatureStudent36
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you have problems writing because English isn't your first language?

Stalin was a dictator.

Can't see how that that links into the rest of your post though.
SpiritualFire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DaniilKaya)
Because history is a dangerous tool that can manipulate western mind. There is no evidence at all, that Stalin personally gave orders for the genocide.

Russia was fighting 80% of Nazis, and at the end, US joined the war and finally finished off the Nazis with a little D-Day landing. While Russia was already nearly Berlin. This fact would gave Russia an immortal reputation around the world as a Hero nation. However for the West it was not the image they want to see in Russia right? So they twist the history, faking it. I recently bought a history book published by an English historian in 1965 and it only talks about the western allies, but there is no word about the biggest conributor - Russia (80%)

This is a muddled post that conflagulates several issues.

Yes Stalin was a dictator. Could people vote in a opponent? Could people oppose him in numbers?

War crimes like the Katin massacre are usually not ordered by the supreme commanders .

The Soviet Russians however did have the Gulag system and killed political enemies and even starved communities e.g. The Ukraine for political reasons.

Yes you are right, history is not always portrayed objectively and inconvenient facts are usually left out.

Why Russia is hated today is a different question altogether, this is to do with global agendas, geopolitics or propaganda for the little people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes orf course he was a dictator, what does winning the second world war have to do with that ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
felamaslen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm always amused when people say that the US joined WW2 "late". As if 1942 was late on during the war. I mean, the Soviets only lost their alliance with the Germans after 1941 with Operation Barbarossa, right? So how is 1942 late, exactly - and if it is, surely 1941 isn't much earlier?

The fact is, if the Russians had won WW2 alone, and America hadn't been involved, the entirety of Europe would be a tyranny right now.
User1824259
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, he was a libertarian. :rolleyes:
ModYom
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DaniilKaya)
Because these liberal types prefer the ascendancy of the gay army of Brussels, to the iron steel of Stalin.
lucaf
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ModYom)
Because these liberal types prefer the ascendancy of the gay army of Brussels, to the iron steel of Stalin.
Death camps, gay marriage. Hmmm, what to choose? :rolleyes:
ModYom
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by felamaslen)
I'm always amused when people say that the US joined WW2 "late". As if 1942 was late on during the war. I mean, the Soviets only lost their alliance with the Germans after 1941 with Operation Barbarossa, right? So how is 1942 late, exactly - and if it is, surely 1941 isn't much earlier?
The Soviets never had an alliance with Germany in WW2 - they had a 'non-aggression pact'.

Please get your facts correct instead of spouting Western bourgeoisie drivel.
ModYom
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lucaf)
Death camps, gay marriage. Hmmm, what to choose? :rolleyes:
Gay marriage does not, and never can exist - it's merely a gimmick.

Stalin saw the idea for what it was - dilettante western liberalism, so of course, this idiotic sham was not allowed in SU or Cuba.
felamaslen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Soviets never had an alliance with Germany in WW2 - they had a 'non-aggression pact'.

Please get your facts correct instead of spouting Western bourgeoisie drivel.
What's the difference, from the point of view of a world at war?

Molotov-Ribbentrop was a disgusting alliance. Yes, alliance.
poohat
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Stalin was much worse than Hitler by pretty much any standard you care to name. The only reason why he isnt considered as bad is because at the time a lot of influential leftists in the West were pro-USSR due to their communist sympathies and downplayed his crimes. Even today, the left-wing is extremely reluctant to face up to the fact that a lot of them were pro-USSR/Stalin so the whole thing tends to get swept under the carpet, and you get a fair bit of Stalin apologetics.

Note for example how much attention the Holocaust under Hitler gets, when similar atrocities under Stalin get far less coverage despite the fact they killed just as many people. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor for example
felamaslen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd much rather fight for a country which believes in gay marriage, or at least freedom for gays, than one which locks people up for having the wrong opinions or the wrong sexuality.
Dilmurod Dilmu
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not sure if ModYom is a troll or just stupid sometimes.
Carpe Diem Jay
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nah, Stalin was a great lad.
felamaslen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by poohat)
Stalin was much worse than Hitler by pretty much any standard you care to name. The only reason why he isnt considered as bad is because at the time a lot of influential leftists in the West were pro-USSR due to their communist sympathies and downplayed his crimes. Even today, the left-wing is extremely reluctant to face up to the fact that a lot of them were pro-USSR/Stalin so the whole thing tends to get buried under the carpet, and you get a fair bit of Stalin apologetics.

Note for example how much attention the Holocaust under Hitler gets, when similar atrocities under Stalin get far more coverage despite the fact they killed just as many people. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor for example

(there is also a more sinister element where the Holodomor typically gets ignored because pretty much all the perpetrators except for Stalin were Jewish, which conflicts with the whole "Jews as victims" mythology which has built up since WW2)
Wrong.

By pretty much any standard you care to name, Hitler and Stalin were equally evil monsters. Well, Stalin is estimated to have murdered more people, but it's in the millions either way for both tyrants - who cares? Things they had in common:

1. Anti-freedom ideology
2. Virulently imperialist
3. Murdered millions of people

Both of them set the bar high for evil, although that bar has unfortunately been met many times since, by tyrants from all over the globe. Kim Jong Il, Mao Tse Tung, Pol Pot, Omar al-Bashir and Idi Amin are all good examples, though none of them (apart from Mao) killed quite as many as the first two.
ModYom
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What's the difference, from the point of view of a world at war?

Molotov-Ribbentrop was a disgusting alliance. Yes, alliance.
If you cannot tell the difference between 'alliance' and 'non-aggression pact' then you have no place in this debate.
ModYom
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by poohat)
Note for example how much attention the Holocaust under Hitler gets, when similar atrocities under Stalin get far less coverage despite the fact they killed just as many people. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor for example
Remind me again, just where were the gas chambers in the Soviet Union?
ModYom
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wrong.

By pretty much any standard you care to name, Hitler and Stalin were equally evil monsters. Well, Stalin is estimated to have murdered more people, but it's in the millions either way for both tyrants - who cares? Things they had in common:

1. Anti-freedom ideology
2. Virulently imperialist
3. Murdered millions of people
You could just as easily be talking about the USA or colonial Britain.

Let's see

1 million plus murdered in Vietnam by Nixon, Kennedy, Johnson
1 million in Iraq by Bush
Countless more all around the globe with support for dictators , eg: Pinochet

Imperialism? That's part of Western capitalist ideology, the foundation in fact.

Anti-freedom - yep, that's a capitalist trait too - try handing out FREE food in the streets, see how long before the cops pick u up.
German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did history GCSE and must say that i am cluless. This goes to show that exams test your memory and not true intelligence.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
67.47%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
10.84%

Watched Threads