[HELP] Desperately need help with choosing a University :S Watch

Poll: Which is the better University for Biomedical Sciences?
The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.
NVDTahir
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys, first of all a bit of background about myself. I'm 18, a year 13 student studying Biology, Chemistry and Maths. I'm predicted an A in chem, B in biology and maths.

I'm kinda torn between 3 universities at the moment, I applied to study Biomedical Sciences. UCLan offered me a place for BBB, Hull (BBB) and Westminster (CCC).

I loved the city of London as a whole, so I wanted to go to Westminster obviously because of that. But after reading reviews and other forums about the University itself I'm considering other options.

Hull, on the other hand had a better university but I kinda didn't like the way the city looked the first time I saw it to be honest. It was sort of dull compared to London (no offence to any Hull residents! ), but the University had a better course structure and better facilities and was a tad friendlier.

Can people here advise me a little bit? Thanks guys
username1229433
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NVDTahir)
Hi guys, first of all a bit of background about myself. I'm 18, a year 13 student studying Biology, Chemistry and Maths. I'm predicted an A in chem, B in biology and maths.

I'm kinda torn between 3 universities at the moment, I applied to study Biomedical Sciences. UCLan offered me a place for BBB, Hull (BBB) and Westminster (CCC).

I loved the city of London as a whole, so I wanted to go to Westminster obviously because of that. But after reading reviews and other forums about the University itself I'm considering other options.

Hull, on the other hand had a better university but I kinda didn't like the way the city looked the first time I saw it to be honest. It was sort of dull compared to London (no offence to any Hull residents! ), but the University had a better course structure and better facilities and was a tad friendlier.

Can people here advise me a little bit? Thanks guys
It's not just about loving the area, you also have to think about the university itself and how the institution will help you to achieve the best out of your ability, and the degree course.

You mentioned that Hull has better course structure, better facilities and friendlier. All of that are positive things and you should take it into consideration. ( I think you've answered your own question at this point )

Definitely pick a university with the highest entry requirements, read over student reviews for Hull and UCLan, and check the uni league board for biomedical science.

I hope you make the right decision ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
tinyfish22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I found this website good for helping me to decide and compare unis.
http://university.which.co.uk/
NVDTahir
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Cheers guys, will take that on board!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.08%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.54%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.26%
It might lead to more bullying (142)
38.69%
There's nothing they could do (108)
29.43%

Watched Threads