She's an odd one Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Forgive the length.

I met this creature in 2012 in Ireland. We're both from there. Our parents are family friends. I was sixteen then and she a year older than me. We were both at school in England in totally different places.

We had a good couple of days in Ireland. Nothing happened, but we got on rather well, if not a little quietly. I felt strongly for her. We saw each other at a festival a couple of weeks after that, again nothing happened.

I then didn't see her for a year, until we met in London for an evening. Again it was nice, but quiet as usual, we're used to silence. Then I went with her to a big train station cause she had to go somewhere. When we said good bye this time it was a normal hug, except she wouldn't let go. So we got pretty amorous in the middle of the station, which was filled with people. Then she just left, barely a word from either of us. Didn't see her for another year.

So in August I saw her again in Dublin. We had a good time, but nothing happened there. Perhaps because we were mostly with a friend of hers. But it was good to see each other.

Haven't seen her since. I'll say it's another 5/6 months till I see her again. If not more. She's in her second year of uni, i'm travelling on my gap year. We've messaged each other occasionally over the 2 and a half years. Less recently. She often doesn't reply. She'll message me out of the blue. I'll reply. No answer. Then she'll start a new conversation months later. Not too bothered about that. I'm only irritated that I sometimes get a bit carried away in my messages to her, but hey.

I'm not looking for a solution to this. Just after some thoughts on it, and wanted to to know if this is a An overheard and dull sort of tale to tell. For me, it's the most bizarre relationship I've had with anybody. That's saying something. At least she's ****ing gorgeous.
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It happens all the time, you shouldn't expect the first person you fall in love with to be with you happily ever after...
katienurd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Slightly odd but really cute. If she wouldn't let go of you in the train station then that must mean something, surely.
Dr Pesto
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What do you want to actually happen?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by shawn_o1)
It happens all the time, you shouldn't expect the first person you fall in love with to be with you happily ever after...
that's the last thing I expect

(Original post by Dr Pesto)
What do you want to actually happen?
not sure. Anything to happen would be grand. But I'm happy taking things as they come. Makes me seem a bit silly posing the whole thing as a question when I'm not really looking for an answer. I just wanted to get it off my chest I suppose.

(Original post by katienurd)
Slightly odd but really cute. If she wouldn't let go of you in the train station then that must mean something, surely.
i wouldn't know
DannyGeldart
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If I'm being honest, keep her as a friend. Don't screw things up with mates by wanting more... I did that a couple years ago and we haven't spoke since.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
14.29%
They might tell the bully (2)
14.29%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
21.43%
It might lead to more bullying (3)
21.43%
There's nothing they could do (4)
28.57%

Watched Threads