The 12 Billion Cut goes to ............. The disabled! Watch

Poll: Are the Conservatives right to aim austerity on disabled people?
Yes (0)
0%
No (9)
100%
illegaltobepoor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Yes well I saw this coming a year ago. No surprise really. Its been leaked by the BBC that the Tories will cut the following.

1. Industrial Injuries Compensation Scheme abolished! Saving £1 bn.
2. Carers Allowance cut for 40% of claimants. Saving £1 bn.
3. Contribution based Employment Support Allowance abolished saving £1.3 bn.
4. DLA/Personal Independence Payment taxed! Saving £1.5 bn.

Tories also plan to lower the benefit cap to £23,000 in certain regions and also bring in their 2 child policy to penalize large families.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32084722

Let the shameful Conservatives justify hitting the disabled with the majority of the austerity cuts again.

Come on Tories please explain yourselves.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have to say i did raise an eyebrow at these, their really scraping the barrel here when they should be going after pensioners.
illegaltobepoor
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rakas21)
Have to say i did raise an eyebrow at these, their really scraping the barrel here when they should be going after pensioners.
Me and you know they won't do that. Tories need pensioners to vote for them.
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ironic considering Cameron seemed to be all for supporting the elderly and disabled during the live speech the other night.
pryngles
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Overkill.
esbo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes Cameron was banging on about his disabled son and now he is planning on scrapping all the benefits he would have got.
Hypocritical liar.
illegaltobepoor
Rep:
?
(Original post by Inexorably)
Ironic considering Cameron seemed to be all for supporting the elderly and disabled during the live speech the other night.
rule number 1 never trust a politician. never believe a word they say! judge them on the actions they take.
Moosferatu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Going after Carers is the lowest of the low. These madmen have to be stopped.

Industrial Injuries will also hit a disabled member of my family. Why is this acceptable? Tory apologists, what excuses do you have for this?

Edit: 'It's saving us a few pennies and we can't go on like this gleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'
DaveSmith99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
An unbelievable amount of nastiness from the nasty party, anyone with a conscience should be made to fell slightly ill by the thought of giving them your vote.
illegaltobepoor
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moosferatu)
Going after Carers is the lowest of the low. These madmen have to be stopped.

Industrial Injuries will also hit a disabled member of my family. Why is this acceptable? Tory apologists, what excuses do you have for this?

Edit: 'It's saving us a few pennies and we can't go on like this gleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'
That is it. I am printing my leaflets early and dispatching them in my borough.
illegaltobepoor
Rep:
?
I think the Tories are trying to ignore this fact and make sure no one reads this post. I better bump the thread up.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yup.

How the Xmas bonus wasn't on the list is a bit beyond me too.

Winter fuel needs hitting and tax credits.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Quady)
Yup.

How the Xmas bonus wasn't on the list is a bit beyond me too.

Winter fuel needs hitting and tax credits.
IDS - Doing his best to make it harder for me to put that X.

It's annoying because taking out welfare, i actually rather like the coalition on most important stuff (bar defense and unimportant stuff).
illegaltobepoor
Rep:
?
IDS - Doing his best to make it harder for me to put that X.

It's annoying because taking out welfare, i actually rather like the coalition on most important stuff (bar defense and unimportant stuff).
Rakas let me put this to you. I use to be a hardcore Ron Paul Libertarian type. In some ways I still am but there is something worth fighting for and its the idea, the fragile possibility of love between all men on this Earth. A golden age of human civilization.

There will always be poor people but we can decide whether these poor people are dying on the street or living a basic existence where every child has a equal chance of reaching his/her human potential.

An economy is only as productive as the people who contribute to the economy. By allowing everyone access to the means of production we can ensure that our economy is built on inclusive contribution amongst all men.

Think about it. An economy that pulls everyone up and encourages productivity.

Instead of giving people money and say here do with it what you wish we need to take people under our own roof and literally give them the knowledge and assets to become productive.

We will then have a nation that works.

There will be no more class war. There will be unity with a united goal to prosper.

This is why you should never vote Conservative. They are individualistic and see the economy as a free market where our own brethren are stomped on. This has to stop. We need to reevaluate our virtues and ethics in trading and then maybe we can stop the flow of wealth to China etc.

STRENGTH THOUGH UNITY
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by illegaltobepoor)
Rakas let me put this to you. I use to be a hardcore Ron Paul Libertarian type. In some ways I still am but there is something worth fighting for and its the idea, the fragile possibility of love between all men on this Earth. A golden age of human civilization.

There will always be poor people but we can decide whether these poor people are dying on the street or living a basic existence where every child has a equal chance of reaching his/her human potential.

An economy is only as productive as the people who contribute to the economy. By allowing everyone access to the means of production we can ensure that our economy is built on inclusive contribution amongst all men.

Think about it. An economy that pulls everyone up and encourages productivity.

Instead of giving people money and say here do with it what you wish we need to take people under our own roof and literally give them the knowledge and assets to become productive.

We will then have a nation that works.

There will be no more class war. There will be unity with a united goal to prosper.

This is why you should never vote Conservative. They are individualistic and see the economy as a free market where our own brethren are stomped on. This has to stop. We need to reevaluate our virtues and ethics in trading and then maybe we can stop the flow of wealth to China etc.

STRENGTH THOUGH UNITY
Because China treats the disableds so well?
illegaltobepoor
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quady)
Because China treats the disableds so well?
No China revolutionized its nation from a third world scrap heap into the most powerful production based economy the world has ever seen. The Communist Government took control and started dumping it resources into producing goods and exporting them.

We need similar thinking but what we need is economic leadership and creativity. The Tories create nothing because they have little to no knowledge about producing things. The only profession Tories exceed in is exploitation and the slave trade.

But working class men and women know tons about producing goods and services because the majority of tax revenue in our country comes from small business.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.09%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.79%

Watched Threads