xxxSophiexxx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have an interview and OJE at McDonald's on Thursday and I was wondering what I should expect.
Stacks
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by xxxSophiexxx)
I have an interview and OJE at McDonald's on Thursday and I was wondering what I should expect.
Hi! The interview tends to be pretty standard but it can vary depending on the sort of person doing the interview, I'd say that generally it's fairly informal and basically just goes over what you've already put in your application form - if you're still studying, what your hobbies are, why you want to work at McDonald's, pretty straight forward stuff really!

Your OJE allows you to demonstrate your skills with customers and how well you'll fit in. That sounds a bit daunting but it's really simple and you don't need to worry if you make any mistakes or are a bit nervous. Obviously nobody is expecting you to be perfect straight away You'll normally be handing orders out to drive thru customers (if the store has a drive thru) though you might have a shot at taking orders on a till or handing out balloons or something similar. You'll have somebody helping you and showing you what to do though, just be yourself!

Best of luck!

Feel free to stop by The McDonald's Thread if you have anymore questions too
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Stacks)
Hi! The interview tends to be pretty standard but it can vary depending on the sort of person doing the interview, I'd say that generally it's fairly informal and basically just goes over what you've already put in your application form - if you're still studying, what your hobbies are, why you want to work at McDonald's, pretty straight forward stuff really!

Your OJE allows you to demonstrate your skills with customers and how well you'll fit in. That sounds a bit daunting but it's really simple and you don't need to worry if you make any mistakes or are a bit nervous. Obviously nobody is expecting you to be perfect straight away You'll normally be handing orders out to drive thru customers (if the store has a drive thru) though you might have a shot at taking orders on a till or handing out balloons or something similar. You'll have somebody helping you and showing you what to do though, just be yourself!

Best of luck!

Feel free to stop by The McDonald's Thread if you have anymore questions too
This
Awesome Genius
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Emma:-))
This
Brilliant post
melos_tori
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have an OJE interview tomorrow and im really nervous!! like, do i just walk up to the counter and say im there for an interview? i feel like ill looks silly if i just queue up and not order anything lol. Im really not good at answering questions so i have no idea on what to say if they ask me why i want to work there! if i do get the job does anyone know if im allowed to wear a nose stud and a tongue bar?
Stacks
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by melos_tori)
I have an OJE interview tomorrow and im really nervous!! like, do i just walk up to the counter and say im there for an interview? i feel like ill looks silly if i just queue up and not order anything lol. Im really not good at answering questions so i have no idea on what to say if they ask me why i want to work there! if i do get the job does anyone know if im allowed to wear a nose stud and a tongue bar?
Yeah just walk up to the counter and tell somebody that you're there for an interview at whatever time yours is scheduled for. You could always tell one of the staff who are working on the dining area and they'll inform a manager for you to save you standing in the queue too.
Don't feel silly standing in the queue though, literally everybody there for an interview has done it.

Why did you apply if you don't know why you want to work there? Must be looking for a job for a reason! I'm sure you can be pretty honest and say you were just looking for some work experience or some extra cash, McDonald's is a first job for a lot of people.

You'd have to take any piercings and visible body jewellery out since they're a contamination risk, only a plain wedding band is allowed to be worn sorry!

Good luck though Don't be nervous!
melos_tori
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah just walk up to the counter and tell somebody that you're there for an interview at whatever time yours is scheduled for. You could always tell one of the staff who are working on the dining area and they'll inform a manager for you to save you standing in the queue too.
Don't feel silly standing in the queue though, literally everybody there for an interview has done it.

Why did you apply if you don't know why you want to work there? Must be looking for a job for a reason! I'm sure you can be pretty honest and say you were just looking for some work experience or some extra cash, McDonald's is a first job for a lot of people.

You'd have to take any piercings and visible body jewellery out since they're a contamination risk, only a plain wedding band is allowed to be worn sorry!

Good luck though Don't be nervous!

Thankyou!! im feeling abit less nervous now ive been researching mcdonalds interviews all day!!
Stacks
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by melos_tori)
Thankyou!! im feeling abit less nervous now ive been researching mcdonalds interviews all day!!
That's the best way to do it! Gets you the inside tips haha keep us informed with how you get on though
melos_tori
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's the best way to do it! Gets you the inside tips haha keep us informed with how you get on though
Haha! i will its at 2pm tomorrow.. wish it was earlier to get it over and done with though!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (85)
68.55%
No I haven't decided yet (23)
18.55%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
12.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise