Family does not often say I love you Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
When I end a phone call with my family I always tell them I love you icase somethng happened and because I do but when my mum and her mum end a phone call they never say I love you I feel like ym family are not so fond on epressing feelings. I asked my mum and grandma why she said i know I am loved i don't need to hear it but don't you feel better when someone says I love you and its nice to be reminded that you are loved.
Gaming_Hippy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
some people don't need to be verbally told that there loved to know they are. its just the way some people are.expressing emotion is easier for some people and awkward for others. plus your mother probably knows she's loved because actions speak louder then words ect.
User1443542
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
When I end a phone call with my family I always tell them I love you icase somethng happened and because I do but when my mum and her mum end a phone call they never say I love you I feel like ym family are not so fond on epressing feelings. I asked my mum and grandma why she said i know I am loved i don't need to hear it but don't you feel better when someone says I love you and its nice to be reminded that you are loved.
I rarely if ever use it, tbh no one in my family does really
scriberg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
saying "I love you" in my family means you're up to something...
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
I've never told anybody I love them since I was very small :erm:

And I've never hugged or kissed anyone in my family since I was very small, either.
valkyrie-grey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think I've ever said 'I love you' or 'love you' to any member of the family apart from my mum now and again, doesn't mean I don't love them just find it a bit weird to be honest
Novascope
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I completely agree with you that it is nice to hear someone say 'I love you', but at the same time not everyone feels they need to say it to prove it. I'm far away from my family because I'm at uni and I know they miss me and love me, but they won't always say I love you at the end of a phone call.
fredscarecrow
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My partner's family end every phonecall with I love yous.

My family who are arguably much closer...well I cant remember the last time any of us said i love you, except in cards!

Everyone has a different approach. Actions count more than words!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
(Original post by fredscarecrow)
My partner's family end every phonecall with I love yous.

My family who are arguably much closer...well I cant remember the last time any of us said i love you, except in cards!

Everyone has a different approach. Actions count more than words!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My family lives aboard so actions don't work
Quiet _One86
Report 4 years ago
I guess maybe they think actions speak louder than words, as I feel that's what my family has always been like that. Occasionally they'll say it but its usually shared with a hug, or in a card, or in a "grand" gesture.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Quiet _One86)
I guess maybe they think actions speak louder than words, as I feel that's what my family has always been like that. Occasionally they'll say it but its usually shared with a hug, or in a card, or in a "grand" gesture.
They live aboard so they have no way of showing love no actions no nothing
Quiet _One86
Report 4 years ago
They live aboard so they have no way of showing love no actions no nothing
I'm sorry - that must be tough to try and bridge that gap.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Quiet _One86)
I'm sorry - that must be tough to try and bridge that gap.
Please don't pity me it is not the same on the phone because its not memorable I guess the i love you's are not enough but they are something I guess and skype does not work either human interaction can never be replaced.
ZolaCFC25
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nah. Hate it when my parents actually say it. Cringe mode is too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Maid Marian)
I've never told anybody I love them since I was very small :erm:

And I've never hugged or kissed anyone in my family since I was very small, either.
Same.

I think I would die of embarrassment if I told my parents I loved them :rofl:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ZolaCFC25)
Nah. Hate it when my parents actually say it. Cringe mode is too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well how would you know they love if you if they could not show it to you either because you lived far away from them?
bittr n swt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Novascope)
I completely agree with you that it is nice to hear someone say 'I love you', but at the same time not everyone feels they need to say it to prove it. I'm far away from my family because I'm at uni and I know they miss me and love me, but they won't always say I love you at the end of a phone call.
Exactly.

Sometimes my parents will say it, rarely my dad.
Especially if I'm going through a tough time or whatever they say it more
ZolaCFC25
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well how would you know they love if you if they could not show it to you either because you lived far away from them?
In that case, perhaps. But you should be able to tell from their actions and tone.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (106)
34.08%
No I don't (143)
45.98%
I work during the holidays (62)
19.94%

Watched Threads