Slidememories
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey, i really want to become a doctor but i don't know where i should go. I received an offer from McGill university in Chemistry and i'm waiting for an admission in biochemistr (i don't really know if the level is hight or not in McGill in Sciences), (to do medecine i'll have to wait 4 years). I can also do my studies in France, which has the best universities of medicine in the world.
Tanks
username913907
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Slidememories)
Hey, i really want to become a doctor but i don't know where i should go. I received an offer from McGill university in Chemistry and i'm waiting for an admission in biochemistr (i don't really know if the level is hight or not in McGill in Sciences), (to do medecine i'll have to wait 4 years). I can also do my studies in France, which has the best universities of medicine in the world.
Tanks
Chemistry is not really a route into medicine. Grad medic courses can be done once you've completed a chem degree (though biochem suits this better) but these are REALLY hard core courses. If you think normal undergrad medic is hard then this would be nuts. Grad med is very competitive to get on so I don't think relying on it as your route in would be a good idea.
Slidememories
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thanks for your answer, you think that i should stay in France perhaps?
username913907
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Slidememories)
Thanks for your answer, you think that i should stay in France perhaps?
Really you should go speak to your careers adviser
Cobalt_
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JMaydom)
Chemistry is not really a route into medicine. Grad medic courses can be done once you've completed a chem degree (though biochem suits this better) but these are REALLY hard core courses. If you think normal undergrad medic is hard then this would be nuts. Grad med is very competitive to get on so I don't think relying on it as your route in would be a good idea.

I second this, doing chem/biochem at uni is extremely hard and theres no point going through that if you just want to do medicine in the end.
In canada/America there is not really an undergrad medicine course so if you have your heart set on canada id pick biology/biomed then do post grad from there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
7.28%
They might tell the bully (26)
9.96%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.09%
It might lead to more bullying (95)
36.4%
There's nothing they could do (79)
30.27%

Watched Threads