The Student Room Group

OCR B Salter's Chemistry by Design F335 - 15th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by suyoof123
Na, makes sense but that stuff didnt come in the exam !

How'd you find it though?

It wasn't as bad as F334 that is for definite. However with F335, although it was easier, I feel like I may have made quite a few silly stupid mistakes that I really didn't need to lose!
How about you?
Original post by Diamond Crafter
It wasn't as bad as F334 that is for definite. However with F335, although it was easier, I feel like I may have made quite a few silly stupid mistakes that I really didn't need to lose!
How about you?

Same, f334 was much more annoying and time strict.

Also just like you, there was lots of small 1 mark questions where could've easily went wrong, just hoping that I did good enough ^^.
Original post by suyoof123
Same, f334 was much more annoying and time strict.

Also just like you, there was lots of small 1 mark questions where could've easily went wrong, just hoping that I did good enough ^^.

I'm sure you did! Hopefully the grade boundaries are lower this year. Do you take biology as well?
I'm sure you did! Hopefully the grade boundaries are lower this year. Do you take biology as well?

Yeah, got Bio 5 tommorow and the amount of BS they spew which is unrelated to the spec is infuritating..seriously i feel i shouldnt revise it.

Also Have buss 4, which is another nasty exam imo.

So I have two of the worst exams tommorow and dreading it, kinda...

Guys do u reckon 104-106
And 65
And 41 is an a star ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, I just started my personal investigation on 'ester hydrolysis' i cant find any exemplar pieces for this particular practical.
could anyone possibly give me a hand on linking me to an examplar piece for this particular practical also, could anyone has already carried out this investigation send a copy of their work or any information that can point me towards the right directions.(PM me please)

Thank you in advance.:smile:
Original post by Strawberry cream
Hello, I just started my personal investigation on 'ester hydrolysis' i cant find any exemplar pieces for this particular practical.
could anyone possibly give me a hand on linking me to an examplar piece for this particular practical also, could anyone has already carried out this investigation send a copy of their work or any information that can point me towards the right directions.(PM me please)

Thank you in advance.:smile:

Not sure how much it will help you but I did mine on the hydrolysis of lipids (which are triesters of propan-1,2,3-triol) through the use of enzymes and got full marks in it. It will probably be pretty similar so I could help you out if you wanted. Have you decided how you are measuring the rate of reaction yet? For instance I used a pH probe since they are hydrolysed to carboxylic acids and ran NaOH solution into the reaction vessel. The volume of NaOH used is then proportional to the rate of reaction
Opinions on grade boundaries people?

Posted from TSR Mobile
what do you guys reckon to be the grade boundaries for coursework?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending